These Lemon Cookie Bars are a lemon lovers dream! Starts with a lemon cream cheese cookie base and then topped with a sweet and tangy lemon glaze.
These lemon cookie bars are so good and simple to make. This is a wonderful lemon dessert for Spring or Summer.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Sugar: You will need a combination of granulated sugar for the cake and powdered sugar to add sweetness and help with the consistency of the icing.
Lemon: You will use lemon juice to give the recipe a strong flavor and lemon zest for the batter and an optional garnish.
Flour: You will need unbleached flour for this recipe along with the baking powder and baking soda to make the cake rise in the oven.
How To Make Lemon Cookie Bars
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper to line a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. In a large bowl, add the butter, cream cheese, and sugar and combine. Put in the eggs, egg whites, lemon juice, and vanilla and combine again. Add in the lemon zest and fold in using a spatula. Add the batter into the prepared pan and use a spatula to spread it out evenly. Place in the oven for 22-25 minutes to bake. If needed, you can bake the bars for another 2 minutes. Use a toothpick to check for doneness.
Step 2. Take the bars out and allow them to cool for 30 minutes. Use the parchment paper to take the bars out of the pan. Transfer to a cooling rack for another 30 minutes to 1 hour. Prepare the glass and drizzle on top of the cooled bars.
Step 3. Once cooled, top the bars with a light dusting of powdered sugar. Cut the bars into 2-inch squares, serve, and enjoy!
Do These Cookie Bars Use Real Lemons?
Yes! This recipe takes the juice of a lemon to add a strong flavor to the bars. It also calls for lemon zest which can give the bars a more tangy flavor.
How To Store Lemon Cookie Bars?
Place the leftovers into an air-tight container for the best storage method. These can be left at room temperature, but if you want them to last a while, I recommend storing them in the fridge or freezer.
More Bar Recipes:
Lemon Cookie Bars
Lemon Sugar Cookie Ingredients:
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups sugar granulated
- 2 eggs + 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour unbleached
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon zest
Lemon Glaze Ingredients:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice + 2 teaspoons
- lemon zest Garnish with extra, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×13” pan with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, and sugar.
- Mix in eggs, egg white, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Slowly stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold in lemon zest.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, spread evenly, and bake for 22-25 minutes (batter will be thick) – if needed add an additional two minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Let cool for 30 minutes and then remove the cookie bar from the pan using the parchment paper and let cool completely on a cooling rack (30 minutes to 1 hour).
- Make the glaze and cut the cookie bars before drizzling the glaze over the bars. Let cool and dust with powdered sugar.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
1 thought on “Lemon Cookie Bars”
Great choice for a finish to a luncheon. Lemony!