Do you have a sweet tooth? Do you enjoy the amazing taste of Kit Kats, chocolate, or Mint? How about all three flavors into one? This amazing new Kit Kat Chocolate Mint Cheesecake will blow you and your family away with all of the flavor, sweet and creamy goodness.
Kit Kat Chocolate Mint Cheesecake
This Chocolate Mint Cheesecake is so delicious. If cheesecake is a favorite for you, you will definitely fall in love with this one. This recipe is so easy to make and has a smooth and creamy texture that will just melt away in your mouth. This has a layer of savory chocolate and mint with a graham cracker crust, that fit so well together. This is perfect for any occasion, so make sure to keep this one handy!
- Graham Cracker Crumbs– These will be used for the base crust.
- Butter- You will need unsalted to control the salt in the recipe.
- Sugar- Every great dessert has sugar in the recipe.
- Cream Cheese -You will need softened or room temp cream cheese.
- Heavy Cream- This is best for topping off desserts.
- Greek Yogurt– This will be used as a thickening agent.
- Eggs- Your eggs will need to be at room temperature.
- Vanilla- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Chocolate Chips – You will need the Ghirardelli Milk chips for this recipe.
- Chocolate Brown Food Coloring Gel– Be sure to use the gel and no liquid food coloring.
- Goodman’s Mint Extract – Be sure to get pure extract to have the best flavoring.
- Green Food Coloring Gel- Be sure to get the gel and not the liquid coloring.
- Milk Chocolate Frosting- Be sure to get Betty Crocker for this recipe
- Package of Mint Kit Kat Bars – These will need to be crushed and you’ll need about 1 dozen Mint Kit Kat Bars to make, and decorate the cheesecake.
How to Make a Chocolate Mint Cheesecake
How to Decorate
Are These Kit Kats Available for Only a Limited Time?
These Mint Kitkats may become a favorite in your household and the rush to get more may be on your mind. The Mint Kitkats are indeed a limited time off because of the flavoring. These flavors tend to only be available during the holidays.
Can I Make with Regular Kit Kats?
You will definitely want to use the mint Kit Kats for the best blend of flavors for this recipe. However, since the mint ones are limited time, you may have to use another option. So, yes you can use regular Kit Kats for this recipe. So that you can still have the mint flavor, use the mint extract.
More Speciality Cheesecakes
- Oreo Cheesecake Brownie Bars
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake Cake
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Kit kat Chocolate Mint Cheesecake
- 2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/2 stick butter - melted
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
TO DECORATE THE TOP:
- 1 can of Betty Crocker Milk Chocolate Frosting
- 1 Package of Mint Kit Kat Bars - crushed
- Line the bottom of a 6-inch Spring-form pan with Parchment paper. Melt the half-stick of butter in the microwave. Place the Graham Cracker Crumbs in a bowl, add the sugar, and stir well. Add the melted butter, and stir well to coat. Press the Graham Cracker Crumbs into the bottom of the Spring-form pan, and set aside.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the softened Cream Cheese, and Heavy Cream, and blend until smooth. Add the Greek Yogurt, Eggs, Sugar, and Vanilla, and blend until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, and blend smooth. Divide the Cheesecake filling in half, leaving half in the mixing bowl. The half of the Cheesecake in the other bowl; Drop 6 or 7 drops of the Green Food Coloring Gel in the cheesecake batter, and stir well, until completely blended. If the cheesecake is not bright green, drop 2 more drops of the food coloring gel in the cheesecake batter, and stir, continuing until you reach the desired color. Add 4 drops of Goodman's Mint Flavoring to the green cheesecake batter, and stir well. Place the green-colored cheesecake batter in the refrigerator. Melt the Chocolate chips in the microwave for about 45 seconds, at 15-second intervals, until the chocolate chips begin to soften. Stir them with a spoon until completely melted, and smooth. Pour the melted chocolate into the mixing bowl, and mix until smooth and well blended. Add the brown food coloring gel, and blend. If you desire a little darker chocolate color, add 2 or 3 more drops of food coloring gel, until the desired color is reached.
- Pour the chocolate layer of Cheesecake into the Spring-form pan, on the graham cracker crust, and place the pan in the oven at 350 degrees, for 35 minutes. At the 35 minute mark, remove the pan from the oven, and place it on a hot pad. Crush 2 or 3 small Kit Kat bars, and sprinkle on top of the chocolate Cheesecake. Remove the Cheesecake batter from the refrigerator, and gently spoon the green/mint cheesecake into the Spring-form pan, on top of the chocolate layer. Place the pan back in the oven, and turn the temperature down to 300. Place a small ovenproof dish of water on the oven rack under the Spring-form pan. Bake the cheesecake for 30 - 45 minutes, or until it's firm around the edges, and just a little jiggly in the center. (It will set in the refrigerator). If the cheesecake moves quite a bit in the center, it's not done. If it wiggles only slightly when moved, it's done. Remove it from the oven, and place it on a wire rack to cool to room temperature. When cooled to room temperature, cover with Parchment paper, and Foil, and place in the refrigerator overnight, or 24 hours for best results.
- To decorate the top; Place the chocolate frosting in a pastry bag with a large fluted tip (see link for the tip), pipe dollops of frosting around the edge of the cheesecake. Crush 4 Mint Kit Kat bars, and place the crushed candy bars in the center of the cheesecake. Break 2 or 3 Kit Kat bars apart, so that you have long pieces of the candy bar, and place the long pieces in-between the dollops of frosting. (see photo) Cut the Cheesecake into 2-inch pieces, Serve, and Enjoy!