Looking for a new dessert recipe? I’ve got you covered with this delicious Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream Bread. It’s the perfect summertime treat that will have your family and friends begging for more!
Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream Bread
This Lemon Blueberry Bread is so delicious! This recipe is great to make in the afternoon for a great after-meal dessert. Enjoy this recipe for any occasion such as breakfast or Brunch to serve to loved ones. The recipe is so thick, sweet, and gooey, and the icing just brings it all together. Bread is delicious by itself, but dessert bread is even better. Try out this Sprinkle Ice Cream Bread, Strawberry Margarita Bread or Lemon Blueberry Bread.
- Custard– You will need frozen custard.
- Flour– You will need self-rising flour for the best results.
- Powdered Sugar– This is great for homemade icing.
- Blueberries– Use fresh berries for the best flavoring and to add on top.
- Lemon Extract– You can buy any lemon flavoring.
- Cream Cheese– Use this softened or at room temperature.
- Frosting– You will need lemon frosting, I used Betty Crocker.
How to Make Ice Cream Bread
To start, in a large bowl, add all of your ingredients, and combined.
First, use two pieces of parchment paper to line a loaf pan from side to side and another lengthwise, and make sure to allow the parchment paper to hang over the edges, so it is easier to take out the bread.
Next, place your bread into the oven for one hour at 375 degrees, and when the bread begins to turn a light brown, use foil and tent it on top, to prevent it from burning.
Make The Frosting
Can I Use any Brand of Ice Cream?
Yes, you can use a different brand of ice cream for this recipe. I recommend making the recipe as is before making any changes. This recipe is very delicious and I think you will love it.
What replaces self-rising flour?
If you do not have self-rising flour, it is just fine. You can a replacement. You will use 1 cup of all purpose flour to 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
More Bread Recipes:
Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream Bread
- 2 cups plus 2 Tablespoons of Andy's Frozen Custard
- 1 1/2 cups of Self Rising Flour
- 1 cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup of Blueberries plus a few extras to sprinkle on top
- 1 bottle of Goodman's Lemon Flavoring
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 4 ounces of cream cheese - softened to room temperature
- 1/2 a can of Lemon Frosting - I used Betty Crocker
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, and stir until well mixed. Line a loaf pan with 2 pieces of Parchment paper; One from side to side, and one length-wise, making sure you have enough paper to hang over the loaf pan, so you can easily lift the bread out when it's baked.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour. When the top of the bread turns golden brown, cover the top with a piece of foil, tented, so it won't stick, to prevent the top of the bread from burning.
MAKE THE FROSTING:
- Soften the cream cheese to room temperature, and place the cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Add half of the can of Frosting to the mixing bowl, and mix on medium until completely blended and smooth.
- Remove from the oven, and cool in the pan for 30 minutes. Lift the bread out using the Parchment paper, and place it on a wire rack to finish cooling. When the bread is cooled completely, frost the top of the bread with the frosting, and sprinkle Blueberries on top. Serve immediately, or place the bread in the refrigerator until time to serve. Serve, and Enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.