You’re looking for a cake that’s light, refreshing, and perfect for any occasion? This Lemon Raspberry Cake is made with the best ingredients. It’s moist, fluffy, and has just the right amount of tartness to balance out all that sweetness.
Lemon Raspberry Cake
Lemon and Raspberry are two very sweet and tart fruits. These flavorings bring a wonderful blend of taste and texture to this dessert. You can enjoy this dessert after a hearty meal or make it for a special occasion. The cake is one of the most popular desserts to make, and not many people will refuse a slice. So, if you love cake just like me, you will love this Ice Cream Sandwich Cake or this Heaven On Earth Cake (No-Bake).
Ingredients You Will Need:
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Flour– Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Sugar– Sugar is always used in the best desserts.
- Baking Soda– This will allow the recipe to rise in the oven.
- Salt– This will bring the flavors out in the recipe.
- Eggs– Be sure to use these at room temperature.
- Sour Cream– This will add moisture to the cake recipe.
- Oil– You can use vegetable oil or canola as a substitute.
- Lemon Juice– Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best flavoring.
- Lemon Zest– Be sure to zest the lemons before juicing them.
- Raspberries– You will want to use fresh raspberries for the best taste.
- Butter– Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Cream Cheese– Use softened or at room temperature.
- Powdered Sugar– This sugar is best for homemade icing.
- Seedless Preserves– You will need this to be flavor raspberry or use raspberry jam.
- Lemon– You can cut this into slices to use for garnish.
How to Make Lemon Raspberry Cake
To start, set the oven to 350 degrees.
First, coat 8-inch pans with butter, then lightly dust with flour or use parchment paper to cut out round liners to line the bottom of the pans with the sides buttered and lightly floured. Set aside.
Secondly, the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
Thirdly, add the eggs, sour cream, oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest, and combine using a wooden spoon or spatula until smooth and creamy.
Next, place the fresh raspberries, into a small bowl and lightly coat with flour.
In addition, add the raspberries into the prepared batter and fold them in using a spatula until fully incorporated.
Furthermore, pour the paired batter into the cake pans and place it into the oven for 28 to 32 minutes.
To finish, you can touch the top of the cake to see if there was a light spring when touched to tell if it is done.
To start, add the butter and cream cheese into a large bowl, and combine until smooth and creamy with no lumps.
Next, pour in the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest, and combine at medium to high speed until fully incorporated.
To Assemble the cake:
Once the cakes have cooled, you can begin assembling.
First, use a cake leveler to trim the domes or tops off of the cakes.
Secondly, prepare a cake stand by placing a little bit of frosting on the base and topping the first layer of cake.
Thirdly, you will add a layer of the raspberry preserves and spread using a spatula evenly on top of the frosting.
Next, with the bottom side up, add the second cake on top and frost the remaining cake.
To finish, you will need to chill the cake for about 30 minutes before serving.
Finally, slice up some lemons and prepare raspberries to place on top of the cake.
How to get the best lemon cake flavor?
Getting the best flavor for any recipe is simple. You want to use the freshest ingredients that you can for the best favoring. So, if you have ingredients such as lemon juice or fruit, you will want to use freshly squeezed lemon juice or fresh fruit.
How to store?
Storing this recipe can be quick and easy. You can store this recipe at room temperature, in the fridge, or in the freezer. The length of the shelf life of any dessert will depend on where it is stored. But, to keep the recipe as fresh as you can, you will want to store it in an airtight container.
More Cake Recipes:
- Cream Puff Cake (8-ingredients)
- Pineapple Cake (only 6-ingredients)
- Strawberry Buttermilk Cake
- Snickers Cake Recipe
Lemon Raspberry Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour + 2 tbsp flour to coat raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest about one lemon
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature (one stick)
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 4 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ cup seedless raspberry preserves or jam
- Lemon slices
- Fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two- 8-inch cake pans by coating with butter and a light dusting of flour, or with round parchment paper liners on the bottom and the inside edges buttered and coated with flour. Set pans aside until ready.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the eggs, sour cream, oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Use a wooden spoon or spatula and stir together the ingredients until it is well combined, smooth, and creamy.
- In a small bowl, coat the raspberries with a light dusting of flour. Add the coated raspberries to the batter, and gently stir them until they are evenly distributed into the cake batter.
- Evenly divide the batter and pour into the prepared cake pans. Bake cakes for about 28-32 minutes. Cakes will be done when they have a light spring on top when touched.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and cream cheese until it is smooth and creamy without any lumps. Add in the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Continue to mix on medium to high speed until all of the ingredients are well combined.
To Assemble the cake:
- Once the cakes have cooled, trim any domes or tops of the cakes as necessary. Place one cake on a cake stand and frost. Add the raspberry preserves and spread over the frosting layer.
- Add the second cake, bottom side up, and continue frosting the entire cake. Chill the entire cake for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with lemon slices and raspberries