Strawberry is one of my favorite fruits and one of my favorite flavorings to enjoy for anything. If you love strawberries, then you will love this Strawberry Buttermilk Cake. The buttermilk in this cake makes the cake super soft and fluffy.
Strawberry Buttermilk Cake
This buttermilk cake is so good and easy to make. This recipe uses a simple list of ingredients to create is soft and delicious texture. This recipe is great for any occasion such as a picnic, barbeque dessert, or just to enjoy at home. If you love the texture and flavor of this cake, then you will love this Old Fashioned Buttermilk Cake or this Buttermilk Coffee Cake.
- Butter– Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar– Every great recipe uses sugar.
- Eggs– Use these at room temperature.
- Vanilla– Use pure extract for the best flavoring.
- Almond Extract– Use pure for the best flavoring.
- Flour– Use all-purpose for the best results.
- Baking Powder– This will allow the cake to rise in the oven.
- Salt– This will bring out the flavoring.
- Buttermilk– Use milk with a bit of vinegar as a substitute.
- Strawberries– Use fresh berries for the best flavoring.
- Whipped Cream– Use fresh for the whipped topping.
How to Make Strawberry Buttermilk Cake
To start, set the oven to 325 degrees and use pam to grease a cake pan.
First, add the flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl.
Secondly, add the butter, sugar, vanilla, and almond extract into a large bowl and combine until fluffy.
One at a time, add in the eggs and combine.
Gradually, add in the wet and dry ingredients, alternating between the buttermilk and dry ingredients until combined.
Next, add half the batter into the pan.
After, add half of the strawberries on top.
Place the rest of the batter on top, then the rest of the strawberries.
Next, sprinkle on 1/4 of sugar.
Finally, place into the oven for 40-50 minutes or until light brown.
Take out and allow to cool thoroughly.
To finish, top with whipped cream and strawberries.
How to Make Buttermilk?
Making buttermilk is very easy to do. If you don’t have buttermilk, you can use a simple substitute to replace it. You can mix a bit of vinegar in with some milk. Start by adding a tablespoon of vinegar to a one-cup measuring cup. Then fill the rest of the measuring cup with milk to make 1 cup. Stir together and let it sit for about a minute.
What is the purpose of buttermilk in a strawberry buttermilk cake?
Buttermilk cake is so light, sweet, and delicious. Buttermilk can be very beneficial in cake recipes. The buttermilk makes the cake extra soft and moist for an amazing texture.
More Cake Recipes:
Strawberry Buttermilk Cake
- 1 C unsalted butter softened
- 2 C sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pure almond extract
- 3 C flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 C buttermilk
- 1 C strawberries hulled and cut in half
- ¼ C sugar to sprinkle on top
- Fresh whipped cream to top when serving
- Sliced strawberries to top when serving
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray the cake pan with pam baking spray
- Using a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt
- Using a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, vanilla, and almond extract until combined and fluffy
- Beat the eggs in, one at a time until combined
- Alternate between the buttermilk and the dry ingredients and beat until fully combined after each ingredient mixed in
- Spread half of the batter evenly into the cake pan
- Spread half of the cut strawberries into the top of the batter
- Spread the remaining batter on top of the strawberries and top using the remaining strawberries
- Sprinkle the ¼ C sugar on top
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until a light golden brown
- Remove and allow to cool completely
- Top with fresh whipped cream and sliced strawberries
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 1 9in cake pan