Have you seen the new TikTok craze, Pasta Chips? If you have seen this new snack, I know you want to try them. This crispy crunchy snack is going to blow your mind.
Air Fryer Pasta Chips
When it comes to new trends these pasta chips are the best. The chips are something you wouldn’t think of. A much healthier alternative to deep fried processed chips, these chips are simply cooked pasta that you are baking with your favorite seasonings, although we like them with Italian seasonings.
When it comes to TikTok, there are a lot of delicious food trends that have come out. You can make these pasta chips as a side to BBQ Chicken Quesadilla with a Cookies and Cream Hot Cocoa or for the adults, Rum Chata Hot Cocoa Bombs.
- Rigatoni Pasta- You can use whatever shape you prefer
- Olive Oil- I prefer olive oil but vegetable oil works too.
- Parmesan Cheese- This is added to the sauce to bring more flavor.
- Stewed Tomatoes- You will need to cut them. You can use diced tomatoes but it brings a different flavor.
- Tomato Sauce- The base of the dipping sauce.
- Seasoning- I am using Garlic Salt, Garlic Powder, Seasoned Pepper, Italian Seasoning, Ground Oregano and Sweet Basil. You can swap any of these that you do not want.
- Brown Sugar- This adds sweetness to your sauce.
How to Make Air Fryer Pasta Chips
You want to start making the sauce first. This allows it to simmer while you are making the pasta.
In a large stock pan with a heavy bottom, add the stewed tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
Season the tomato sauce by adding garlic salt, seasoned pepper, garlic powder, oregano, basil and brown sugar; bring it to a boil over medium heat. Then turn down the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
To begin, start cooking the noodles according to package directions. Once they’re cooked, place them back in the pot and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle on a little garlic salt and garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese- stir to incorporate all ingredients into the pasta.
Add about 1/3 of the pasta to the Air Fryer and Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees. Continue until all of the pasta is golden brown.
When the Pasta has all been cooked in the Air Fryer, place in dishes, on plates, or serving platter and serve with the Dipping Sauce. Enjoy!
What are ‘pasta chips’?
Pasta Chips are made from thin sheets of pasta being baked in the oven like a crispy cracker. The result is a delicious and nutritious snack that you cannot get enough off! This Italian favorite can be making with any type of pasta, even gluten free if needed.
Do I Use Leftover Or Fresh Pasta For Pasta Chips?
You can use fresh or leftover pasta, the choice is yours. I am using fresh coked pasta because I didn’t have any leftovers available. If you are using leftover pasta, just skip to making the sauce and go from there.
More Delicious Snack Ideas
Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- 1 pound of Rigatoni Pasta or another type Pasta if preferred
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Parmesan Cheese
- Water to boil the pasta
- 1 can of Stewed Tomatoes - 14 to 17 ounce can
- 2 cans of Tomato Sauce - 6 ounce can
- 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Seasoned Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of Ground Oregano
- 1 teaspoon of Sweet Basil
- 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
- Start by making the dipping sauce so it can simmer while you're making the Pasta Chips.
- In a large heavy bottomed sauce pan, add the Stewed Tomatoes, and with a sharp knife, and a fork, cut the whole pieces of tomato into small pieces ( you can use diced tomatoes - but they do not have the same flavor as Stewed Tomatoes, and your sauce won't taste the same).
- Add the tomato sauce, and stir well.
- Add the Garlic Salt, Garlic Powder, Seasoned Pepper, Italian Seasoning, Ground Oregano, Sweet basil, and Brown Sugar, and stir altogether until well mixed.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then turn down the heat to low, and let simmer for half an hour.
- While the sauce is simmering, follow the package directions for the Pasta.
- Put the water on to boil, and cook the Pasta according to the times to cook on the Package - cook for the Al Dente, and not fully cooked, probably about 9 minutes.
- Drain the Pasta when it's done, and return it to the Pot. Drizzle with Olive Oil, and toss the Pasta in the oil.
- Sprinkle on the Garlic Salt, and Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning, and Parmesan Cheese.
- Toss the Pasta again to blend all ingredients.
- Place about 1/3 of the Pasta in the Air Fryer, and cook for 8 minutes at 350 degrees.
- When the Pasta has all been cooked in the Air Fryer, place in dishes, on plates, or serving platter and serve with the Dipping Sauce. Enjoy!