This Lemonade Sheet Cake has the most delicious lemon flavor and is infused with actual lemonade. Anyone that is a fan of lemonade desserts will love this.
Lemon is one of my favorite things to bake with. The flavor is so delightful and as much as I love chocolate, I do like to make other things in the kitchen.
Lemonade Sheet Cake
A fruity, tangy cake was I had in mind with this recipe and it came out perfectly. We use one of my best baking techniques: taking a box mix and spicing it up. (Figuratively. LOL.)
Here’s What You Will Need:
- Lemon Cake Mix. Any brand will do here.
- Lemon Pudding Mix. Make sure it’s instant.
- Eggs. At room temperature.
- Vegetable Oil.
- Frozen Lemonade Concentrate. That this out first.
- Powdered Sugar.
- Whipped Topping. For the icing.
- Marshmallow Cream. The other special ingredient for the icing.
- A Lemon. So you have zest.
Lemonade Cake Recipe
This cake is pretty easy to make. Let’s do it.
- Make the lemon cake. Just like it says on the box, but first stir the dry mix and pudding mix together.
- Make lemonade. Use a whisk to combine the lemonade and powdered sugar together so it thickens up.
- Fill. Poke holes all over the cake with a utensil (fork, spoon handle, etc.) and then pour the lemonade mixture over so it soaks into the holes. Let it firm up in the fridge.
- Frost. Make a simple icing with Cool Whip, marshmallow cream, powdered sugar and lemon zest. Spread over the cake and enjoy.
How To Zest A Lemon
The zest of a lemon is small pieces of the peel. Using a zester or grater, simply drag the lemon in a downward motion against the blade. Keep going until you’ve got yellow off of the lemon. Easy peasy!
More Yummy Recipes To Try
White Chocolate Lemon Truffles
Lemonade Sheet Cake
- 15.25 oz lemon cake mix
- 3.4 oz instant lemon pudding
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup frozen lemonade concentrate (thawed)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz whipped topping (thawed)
- 7 oz marshmallow creme
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly coat a 13x9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cake mix and pudding
- Beat in the eggs, oil and water until well combined
- Pour into prepared baking pan
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and place on wire rack
- Cool for 15 minutes
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemonade concentrate and powdered sugar until smooth
- Using a wooden skewer or large fork, poke holes into cake about every 1/2 inch
- Pour lemonade mixture over cake
- Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, starting with 1 cup powdered sugar and mix until fluffy. You may need to add more powdered sugar depending on how thick you want the frosting.
- Spread over cake
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve
- Store leftovers in refrigerator covered with plastic wrap
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.