The Heath Bar Poke Cake combines sweet chocolate, rich caramel, and the saltiness of a classic Heath Bar. You can make this easy dessert with a delicious cake mix and a few basic pantry ingredients, and it’ll be ready in only 30 minutes.
Heath Bar Cake Recipe
This Heath bar poke cake is incredibly tasty. Each bite is a delightful combination of smooth chocolate, velvety caramel, and the satisfying crunch of Heath Bar. It’s a pure treat for your taste buds. You’ll find yourself savoring every mouthwatering moment of this simple and quick dessert. The moist cake with gooey caramel filling is an absolute delight. With just a few ingredients, you can whip up this scrumptious Heath bar poke cake and impress everyone with your baking skills. Enjoy it with friends and family, and they’ll surely ask for more!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
- Boxed Cake Mix: I like using German Chocolate Cake mix, but you can use any store-bought or homemade recipe you like.
- Topping: I use a small jar of caramel ice cream topping or caramel sauce and hot fudge sauce. Chocolate chips can also be used for the chocolate layer.
- Heath Candy Bars: You can crush 3 bars to add in and on top of the recipe. If you do not have candy bars, you can also use Heath toffee bits.
- Cool Whip: This is for the topping. You can also use whipped cream if you prefer.
How To Make Health Bar Poke Cake Recipe
Bake the cake. Use the package directions to preheat the oven and prepare the cake. Pour the cake batter into a 9-inch x 13-inch pan and bake per directions on the box.
Poke holes into the baked cake. Use the end of a wooden spoon or fork to poke the holes while it’s still hot.
Fill in the holes. Heat up the caramel and hot fudge and pour into the holes of the dessert evenly.
Add the toppings. Sprinkle the crushed bars on top and allow the recipe to cool thoroughly. Once cooled, spread the whipped topping on top and add the rest of the crushed bars. Serve and enjoy!
Can I Substitute Chocolate Cake Mix Instead of German Chocolate Cake in Heath Bar Poke Cake?
Yes, you can use a regular chocolate cake mix, or even devil food cake, instead of a German chocolate cake mix in a Heath bar poke cake. While there will be some differences in flavor and texture, it can still turn out to be a delicious dessert.
Keep in mind that the flavor of the chocolate cake will be more intense and may not have the specific sweetness and mildness of German chocolate. Additionally, the cake may not have the same coconut and pecan elements that are characteristic of German chocolate cake.
However, the Heath bar toppings and the poke cake technique will still work well with a regular chocolate cake mix. The Heath bar’s sweet and salty flavors will complement the rich chocolate taste of the cake, creating a delightful combination.
How to Store Leftovers
If you have leftovers of this cake, you will need to store it in the refrigerator. Because of the Cool Whip on top, the cake must stay chilled. Wrap it well with plastic wrap, aluminum foil, or use a cake cover over your baking pan. When you are ready to serve, then the cake is set out at room temperature for a few minutes to bring back the softness.
The cake can also be frozen. Freeze the poke cake on a plate or other surface first. This allows the Cool Whip to harden. Then, move it to a freezer bag. I like to freeze Heath Bar Poke Cake in individual slices so I can take one out at a time. Let the pieces thaw in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Other Heath Bar Toffee Recipes:
- Death By Chocolate Trifle
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Toffee Cookies
- Chocolate Toffee Bars
- Graham Cracker Toffee
Heath Bar Poke Cake
- 1 box German Chocolate Cake Mix and ingredients needed
- 1 jar Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- 1 jar Hot Fudge Ice Cream Topping
- 3 Heath Bars crushed
- 1 large tub Cool Whip
- Preheat oven according to box instructions and prepare German Chocolate cake batter.
- Pour batter into 9 x 13 in. pan and bake according to instructions.
- Once cake is baked, poke holes through cake while it is still hot.
- Warm up both your caramel and fudge and pour evenly over cake.
- Sprinkle cake with 2 Heath bars and let cake cool completely.
- Once cooled, cover entire cake with cool whip and sprinkle with remaining Heath bar.
- Serve and Enjoy!