These mini lemon cakes are delicious. They have a light lemon flavor and a yummy sugary drizzle. I just love how cute they are!
If you don’t already have a miniature bundt pan yet, go grab one. It’s so fun to make tiny little cakes!
Mini Lemon Cakes
- 1 C unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 C sugar
- 2 2/3 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 C buttermilk
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon zest
- 5 TBSP lemon juice
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 C confectioners’ sugar
- Store bought or homemade Lemon Curd. Find the best homemade lemon Curd here.
- Whip Cream for garnish
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- 1 lemon sliced with slices cut into quarters for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour individual mini bundt cake pans. Set aside.
- Combine butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar until smooth and light-colored. (about 5 minutes)
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together in a second bowl. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine buttermilk with 4 TBSP of lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir well.
- Set aside the remaining 1 TBSP of fresh lemon juice.
- Add eggs, one at a time, to the butter-sugar mixture. Beat after each egg is added.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with wet ingredients, beating just until combined.
- Pour batter equally into each of prepared mini pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Place pan on a wire rack until cool.
- Run a knife around the edges of each of the cakes.
- Flip cake pan over onto wire rack to completely cool.
- Whisk together the 1 TBSP of lemon juice with 1 TBSP of water and 3/4 C confectioners’ sugar.
- If needed slowly add a tablespoon or more of water or confectioners’ sugar.
- Slowly pour icing over cake.
- Spoon lemon curd in the center of each of the individual bundt cakes.
- Top with whip cream, lemon wedge, and mint sprig.
Mini Lemon Bundt Cakes
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 Tbsp milk
- ½ tsp clear vanilla extract optional
- 1 zest lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously spray a 12-cavity mini Bundt pan with cooking spray. In the bowl of a hand or stand mixer, beat the cake mix, sour cream, milk, oil, and eggs. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds; scrape down the edges of the bowl. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute more. Add in lemon pudding mix and lemon juice. Mix until well combined. If adding yellow food coloring, add it now and mix until the color is consistent.
- Using a measuring spoon or small cookie scoop, place the batter into the prepared pans, filling about ⅔ full (2 ½ tablespoons). It doesn't look like much batter, but they will puff up quite a bit so be careful to not overfill. Then use the back of a spoon coated in cooking spray to evenly spread the batter. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean and the edges are browning. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove onto a cooling rack to cool completely before applying the glaze.
- To make the glaze: In a large mixing bowl, mix the powdered sugar and butter until combined. Whisk in the milk, clear vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Mix until fully combined and smooth. It should be thin enough to drizzle, but still thick enough to stay on the cake. If needed, add extra milk to thin it out or add powdered sugar to thicken it Using a spoon, drizzle the glaze over the cooled lemon Bundt cakes. Let dry for about 5-10 minutes and serve.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
More Great Dessert Recipes