If you want the best ever Mini Chocolate Cheesecake, you have found it. It is incredibly easy to make and tastes amazing. This cheesecake is so creamy, it is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Mini Chocolate Cheesecake
When it comes to making dessert, chocolate is one of my favorites. I have a serious weakness for cheesecake and this amazing triple chocolate cheesecake is the perfect option. With so much rich chocolate flavor, this is going to be your go-to chocolate cheesecake recipe. Since this triple chocolate cheesecake is made in individual size, you have the perfectly portioned dessert.
- Flour- Use all purpose flour when making the cookie crust layer of this triple chocolate cheesecake
- Cocoa powder- This is just one of the chocolates that are used in this recipe.
- Baking soda- This gives the rise to the cookie crust
- Kosher salt- Salt brings out the flavor in the dessert.
- Unsalted butter- I always recommend unsalted butter to control the amount of salt that is in the recipe
- Sugar- Cheesecake has to has sugar.
- Egg – You are only going to be using the yolk of the egg for part of the recipe and the while eggs for the rest of the recipe.
- Whole milk-You can also use 2% milk.
- Pure vanilla extract- Always use pure extract in order to have the best flavor.
- Cream cheese- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature
- Sour cream- Use room temperature sour cream to help prevent cracking.
- Whopper chocolate candies– Whopper candies are added to the top of the cheesecakes. This is chocolate number 2
- Semi sweet chocolate chips- Chocolate chips are used in the ganache and are chocolate number 3 in this triple chocolate cheesecake
- Whipping cream- Whipping cream is a must when making ganache.
How to Make Mini Chocolate Cheesecake
Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
Beat the butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy.
Add in the egg yolk, milk, and vanilla.
Slowly add in the flour mixture until it is well combined.
Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the batter into cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.
Bake for 5-7 minutes and then set it aside to cool.
Make the Cheesecake Filling
Lower the oven temperature to 325.
Beat together the cream cheese and sugar together until it is creamy.
Add in the sour cream, vanilla, cocoa powder, and the salt.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until it is combined well.
Scoop 1/4 cup of cheesecake batter into the cupcake liners.
Bake for 17 minutes until the cheesecake is a light golden brown color and the center is set.
Place the cheesecakes in the refrigerator.
Next, make the ganache.
Heat the heavy cream in a sauce pan until it starts to simmer.
Add the chocolate chips and whisk until it is smooth.
Pour the ganache over the cold cheesecakes and then place a Whopper in the center.
What Chocolates Go In This Recipe?
There are 3 chocolates that come together in this triple chocolate cheesecake recipe. There is cocoa powder, chocolate ganache and then it is topped with a chocolate malt ball, like a Whopper.
Does This Cheesecake Have Sour Cream?
Yes, this cheesecake recipe has sour cream. Some cheesecakes do and some do not, but this chocolate cheesecake needs the acidity of the sour cream.
More Cheesecake Recipes
- No Bake Tie Dye Cheesecake
- Mini Lemon Cheesecake
- Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
- Banana Split Cheesecake
- Snickers Cheesecake Bites
Mini Chocolate Cheesecake
Chocolate Cookie Layer
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1 C sugar
- 2 large egg yolk
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 - 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 C sugar
- ½ C sour cream
- ¾ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp Hershey Dark cocoa powder
- 1 box Whopper chocolate candies
- 1 C Semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ C heavy whipping cream
Chocolate Cookie Layer Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking
- soda and salt together
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light
- and fluffy
- Beat in the egg yolk, milk, and vanilla extract
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until combined
- Spoon about 1 tbsp of the batter into each cupcake liner
- Bake in the oven for about 5 - 7 minutes
- Set aside to cool
Cheesecake Filling Directions
- Bring oven temp down to 325
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until
- smooth and creamy
- Beat in the sour cream, vanilla, cocoa powder and salt until combined
- Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time until combined
- Scoop about ¼ C of the cheesecake batter into the cupcake liners
- Bake in the oven for 17-21 minutes or until the edges start to turn a
- light golden brown color and the center is set
- Allow to cool completely
Chocolate Ganache Directions
- Pour chocolate chips into a heat safe bowl
- Using a small pot, bring the heavy whipping cream to a slow simmer
- Pour heavy whipping cream over the chocolate chips and whisk until smooth
- Scoop 1 ½ tbsp of ganache onto the top of the cold cheesecakes
- Place a Whopper candy in the center of the cheesecake
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.