Mint Kiss Cookies are even better than a classic blossom cookie recipe. It is a soft and chewy chocolate cookie with a mint chocolate Hershey Kiss placed on top.
Mint Chocolate Blossom Cookies
This recipe is a classic recipe that has been made for years! It is a staple cookie in many people’s households and is a very popular recipe during the holidays. This recipe is so simple to make and tastes so good! You won’t be able to stop eating these once you try them.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Flour: You will need all-purpose for the best results along with baking powder to allow the cookies to rise in the oven.
Powder: For that delicious chocolatey flavor, you will need unsweetened cocoa powder and espresso powder, if desired.
Sugar: This is important to add sweetness to the cookies and extra to roll the cookie dough balls in before baking.
Hershey Kisses: You will need 38 Mint Chocolate Hershey Kisses to top each of the cookies. You can look below to find other flavors of kisses to try.
How To Make Mint Kiss Cookies
Step 1. In a medium bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and baking soda and combine using a whisk. Set aside. Add the butter and sugar into a bowl of a standing mixer and beat using a paddle attachment until light and fluffy. Use a spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and combine for another minute. Put in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and combine again until smooth. In a bowl, sift the dry ingredients and mix to combine until there are no clumps in the mixture. Use the spatula again to scrape the sides and bottom as needed until fully combined. Place the batter into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
Step 2. Set the oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper to line 2 big baking trays. Separate the cookie dough into 1-inch balls before rolling them in the sugar to fully coat. Arrange the cookie balls on the prepared baking sheets about 2-inches apart. Place in the oven to bake for 7-9 minutes or until the edges are set. Take the pans out of the oven and allow them to sit for 5 minutes to cool.
Step 3. Unwrap the chocolate kisses and gently press them into the middle of each cookie slightly. Place the cookies onto a cooling rack to cool thoroughly before serving. Enjoy!
Can I Use Other Types Of Hershey Kisses?
Yes! You don’t have to just use a regular old Hershey Kiss for this recipe. You can get creative and use peppermint kisses, white chocolate, dark chocolate, or even ones that are filled on the inside!
How To Store Mint Kiss Cookies?
Place the cookies in an airtight container or a Ziplock bag for the best storage method. Keep the leftover cookies stored at room temperature for up to three days. You will want to make sure the chocolate is completely cooled before storing it.
Tips & Tricks
- Make sure that when you press the kisses into the cookies to no touch them until they are set to avoid messing them up.
- Try not to overbake the cookies or else they will become too dry! It’s better to have them underbaked then overbaked for this recipe.
- The leftover cookies should stay at room temperature if you want to eat them right away. If stored in the fridge or freezer they will last longer, but I recommend keeping it at room temperature, so the chocolate kiss doesn’t get too cold and hard.
More Blossom Cookies:
- Lemon Blossoms
- Red Velvet Peanut Butter Blossoms
- The Best Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Citrus Blossom Cookies
Mint Kiss Cookies
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment, or using a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix for an additional minute.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl and mix until there are no dry spots remaining. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed to fully incorporate all the ingredients.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare 2 large baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper.
- Divide out the cookie dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the granulated sugar to coat. Place about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until the edges are set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes.
- Slightly press an unwrapped Mint Chocolate Hershey kiss in the center of each cookie and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to serve or up to three days.