Turn store bought Oreo Cookies into adorably cute sheep for your Easter baskets. These Oreo Sheep Cookies are coated in white chocolate and topped with lots of tiny marshmallows.
Easy Sheep Cookies
Cute sheep Oreo cookies are extra sweet and so easy to decorate. The marshmallow bits give them a ‘wooly’ appearance and add a delicious softness.
I bet many of you are looking for some sweets to bring to your kid’s class for Easter, or to put into your child’s basket, or even to bring in to work. But Easter is just a few days away, so you need something you can create in a hurry. These Oreo Sheep are perfect.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
Oreo Cookies – Oreo has so many flavors and any of them are fine to use.
White Candy Melts – melting white chocolate chips will work fine as well.
Tiny Marshmallows (Kraft Mallow Bits)* – Mallow bits work best, but you can also use white pearl sprinkles.
Candy sheep heads (Wilton Decorating Kit)** – if you can not find the sheep kit, decorate mini vanilla wafers instead.
**Wilton makes great cupcake decorating kits for each holiday and for Easter they came out with a kit that has cute sheep heads made out of royal icing. The kit also includes marshmallows which you could use, if you prefer.
How To Make Sheep Cookies
- To make the sheep, dip an Oreo into the white candy melts, then lift it out using either a dipping fork or a kitchen fork. Allow the excess candy coating to drip off.
- Immediately set the cookie onto a pile of the tiny marshmallows.
- Set a royal icing lamb head in the center of the cookie then sprinkle tiny marshmallows all over the cookie, pressing them onto the top and sides, as needed. Let the cookie sit in the marshmallows for a few minutes before moving it.
- If you want your sheep to be fluffier, dip some tiny marshmallows in the candy melts and press them onto the cookie where needed.
- Let the candy melts dry completely, for about 15 minutes. Then you can place your sheep on a platter or in bags or boxes.
That’s it. That’s all it takes to make an entire flock of these cute little treats.
Tips & Tricks
- You can find the Kraft Mallow Bits at the grocery store near the hot chocolate.
- Storing – If you store them in an airtight container they will stay fresh for a few weeks.
- If you can’t find the Wilton decorating kits with the royal icing lamb heads, you can make your own using candy melts.
Other Sheep Food Ideas:
- Pour candy melts into a small microwave safe bowl.
- Heat on high power for 15-30 second increments, stirring after each, until melted.
- Dip an Oreo in the white candy melts.
- Lift out using a dipping fork and allow the excess candy coating to fall off.
- Set on a pile of tiny marshmallows.
- Press a royal icing sheep head in the center of the cookie.
- Sprinkle tiny marshmallows all over the cookie.
- Let dry for a few minutes before moving to a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Repeat, creating 12 Oreo Sheep.