These adorable Oreo Easter Chick Cookies are sweet treats made with white chocolate, food coloring, sprinkles, and Oreo cookies.
Easy Spring Chick Cookies
These little treats are so good and even more delicious! They are dipped in smooth white chocolate and decorated to look like the sweetest baby bird. This is a recipe that my family loves making to give away or to make on Easter day.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
- White Chocolate: White chocolate almond bark is the perfect melting chocolate.
- Oreos: You can use any flavor you want for this recipe.
- Chocolate Food Coloring: You will need the colors yellow and orange to color the chocolate. As well as candy eyes and orange jimmy sprinkles to decorate.
How To Make Oreo Easter Chick Cookies
- Step 1. Place a piece of parchment paper on a flat surface and count out the Oreos. In a small bowl, place the candy eyes and set them next to the paper. Add the 3 pieces of white chocolate into a heat-safe bowl and melt in 15-second increments until smooth and melted. Make sure to mix in between each one. Add in a few drops of the yellow food coloring and combine. Dip the cookies into the colored chocolate and gently flip to fully coat. Take it out and arrange it onto the parchment paper. Put two candy eyes on the coated cookies.
- Step 2. For one hour, allow the chocolate to harden. In a heat-safe bowl, add another square of chocolate and melt in 10-second increments until melted, and mix until smooth. Put a couple of drops of the orange food coloring into the melted chocolate and mix until the desired color is reached. Make the beak by placing a drop of orange chocolate into the center of the cookie. Place two spots on the bottom of the cookie and press two orange sprinkles on top to make the feet. Let the chocolate harden for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Another Way To Make Oreo Easter Chick Cookies?
You can make this dessert in another way that is simple and just as adorable. I use spring Oreos, Marshmallow bits, Star sprinkles, and Black edible markers as my supplies. First, take the top cookie off the Oreo. Slice the marshmallows in half and use the edible marker to make pupils. Use the stars to make the hair and wings and use an orange-colored star for the feet. I use a tiny carrot sprinkle for the beak.
Tips & Tricks
- Try this recipe with different types of chocolate. I recommend using white chocolate almond bark or white chocolate chips.
- I like using chocolate food coloring which will keep the chocolate from becoming gummy.
- Place any leftover cookies in an airtight container for the best storage method.
More Easter Recipes:
Oreo Easter Chick Cookies
- Count out your Oreos, and lay them on a piece of Parchment Paper. Place the Candy eyes in a small dish beside the Parchment paper. In a Microwave safe bowl, place about 3 squares of White melting Chocolate (White chocolate almond Bark – or melting bars) in the bowl, and Microwave at 15-second intervals until the White Chocolate is melted – stirring in between microwaving.
- When the Chocolate is melted, stir in a few drops of the Yellow Food Coloring for the Chocolate, until you get a bright Yellow Color. Dip the Oreos in the Yellow Chocolate, and using a spoon, gently turn the cookie over in the Chocolate, coating both sides. Lift the cookie out of the Chocolate, and onto the Parchment paper, and place two eyes on the cookie – See Photo for Placement.
- Allow the Chocolate to set, or harden, for about an hour, or when it’s firm to the touch. Place another square of White Melting Chocolate, or if you’re using a bar of White Chocolate, about half the bar, in a bowl, and Microwave until melted, at 10-second intervals. Stir until smooth, add a drop or two of the Orange Food Coloring for White Chocolate, and stir. If the Chocolate is not bright enough, add a few more drops until the desired color is reached.
- Place a drop of chocolate in the middle of the Cookie to make the nose/beak – see photos for placement and shape. After the Nose/beaks are done, place a drop of the Orange Chocolate on each side of the bottom of the Cookie – See Photo for placement of the feet. Place two Orange Jimmy’s/Sprinkles in the Chocolate for the Feet. Allow the Orange Chocolate to set/harden, for about 30 minutes. Serve, and Enjoy!