The Patriotic Blondies are the perfect way to celebrate our independence with a soft, and crumbly Oreo-flavored dessert topped with sprinkles.
4th Of July Blondies
The blondies are so good and simple to make. You can make these for any occasion, but I love them for the 4th of July or even Presidents Day for a themed treat. The golden Oreos add a sweet yet subtle vanilla flavor that just melts in your mouth.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Sugar: You will need regular sugar along with light brown sugar for a richer flavor.
Flour: You can use All-purpose flour for this recipe which will allow you to skip using baking powder.
Cornstarch: This is great for getting a really soft blondie recipe.
Oreos: I love this blondie recipe because it uses Golden Oreos which give the blondies a lovely flavor.
Sprinkles: I like to use Red, White, and Blue Jimmy Sprinkles and Red, White, and Blue Star Sprinkles.
How To Make Patriotic Blondies
Step 1. In a bowl, add the sprinkles and place them aside. Set the oven to 350 degrees and use pam baking spray to grease a 12 x 8-inch baking pan.
Step 2. Add the melted butter, brown sugar, and sugar into a standing mixer and beat until smooth and combined. Add in the eggs and egg yolks and combine one at a time until smooth. Put in the vanilla and combine again. Place the flour, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt into a medium bowl and combine with the wet ingredients slowly until a soft dough forms. Add in the Oreo crumbs and half of the chopped Oreos and Half of the sprinkles and fold to combine.
Step 3. Add the batter into the baking pan and smooth out evenly. Top with the rest of the chopped golden Oreos all over the top and do the same with the remaining sprinkles.
Step 4. Place the blondies into the oven to bake for 25-35 minutes or until a tester toothpick placed in the middle comes out clean of batter. Cover the recipe with foil for the last 10 minutes of baking to avoid burning. Take it out of the oven and let them cool before slicing them into bars. Serve and Enjoy!
How To Store Patriotic Blondies
Place the blondies in an airtight container for the best storage method. These can be placed in the fridge or freezer. Storing in the freezer will extend the shelf life depending on how long you want to keep them.
Can Patriotic Blondies Be Left At Room Temperature?
Yes! These are great at room temperature, but I still recommend keeping them in an airtight bag or container. If you need them to last longer, I recommend placing them in the fridge.
More Blondie Recipes:
- 1 ½ cup butter melted, unsalted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 15 Oreos golden, chopped
- ¼ cup oreo golden , crumbs
- ½ cup Jimmy sprinkles Red, White, and Blue
- ¼ cup star sprinkles Red, White, and Blue
- Combine the sprinkles into a bowl and set aside
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 12×8 baking pan with pam baking spray
- Using a standing mixer, beat the melted butter, brown sugar, and sugar until combined and smooth
- Beat in the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time until combined and smooth
- Beat in the vanilla extract
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt
- Gradually beat the dry ingredients into the batter until a soft dough formsFold in the golden oreo crumbs, half of the chopped Oreos and half of the sprinkles
- Scoop the batter into the baking pan and spread evenly
- Sprinkle the rest of the chopped golden Oreos around the top of the batter
- Sprinkle the rest of the sprinkles on top
- Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- To avoid burning, cover with foil the last 10 minutes of baking
- Allow cooling before cutting into bars