Let’s bake the scent of Fall! These wonderful Apple Blondies are a great addition to your dessert to bring in the feeling of Fall in all of your house. Share this amazing recipe with your family and friends and they may just fall in love.
This Pumpkin Apple Blondies recipe has a few ingredients you may already have in your kitchen. This recipe is simple and easy to follow as well and is a great chance to bake and make memories with your loved ones. Be sure to write this recipe down and have a delicious dessert in no time.
- Flour- Use all purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking powder- This will help your ingredients rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Butter- Always use unsalted to control the amount of salt in a recipe.
- Sugar- All good blondies need sugar.
- Eggs- use room temperature eggs for best results
- Vanilla extract- Always use pure vanilla for best flavoring.
- Ground cinnamon- You can ground your own ingredients for best flavoring.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice- This will be the signature pumpkin flavor.
- Gala Apples-Make sure they are large and finely chopped
- Light brown sugar– The brown sugar will add more flavor.
- Maple syrup- Make sure it is pure maple syrup for the best taste.
- Powdered sugar- This will be used for your glaze.
How to Make Apple Blondies
Cook your filling for about 5-7 minutes in a medium pot over low heat or until the apples are fully cooked.
Set aside to cool completely.
Evenly spray a 11 x 7 inch baking dish with Pam and set your oven to 350 degrees.
Cream the butter, brown sugar and sugar in a large bowl until
light and fluffy.
One at a time, beat in your eggs until well mixed.
Add in the salt and vanilla.
Whisk the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and pumpkin spice together in a medium bowl.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ones.
Pour in half of the batter into the pan, then pour half the apple filling on top.
Pour in the remaining batter on top of the apple filling.
Set in the oven and for 25-30 minutes bake in the oven or until a tester toothpick comes out clean,
How to Make a Maple Glaze
Maple Pumpkin Spice Glaze
Melt the butter, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and
pumpkin spice in a small pot over medium heat.
When your butter is completely melted, take off the heat and add in ½ C powdered
sugar and whisk until smooth and combined.
Evenly spread your mixture over the bars and set aside to cool thoroughly.
Cut and Dig in!
Are Blondies Chewy or Cake Like?
Blondies have a wonderful texture to them. Blondies could actually be chewy and cake-like with the texture they have. However, these blondies or more similar to the texture of a brownies.
Do Blondies Need to be Refrigerated?
Blondies can be stored up to a week at room temperature. They do not need to be put in the fridge. However, if you would ever use cream cheese for the topping, it would need to be refrigerated.
Apple Blondies with Maple Glaze
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 C unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 C dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
Apple Pie Spice Filling
- 2 large Gala Apples chopped finely
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ C pure maple syrup
- ½ C powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
Apple Filling directions
- Using a medium pot over low heat, cook the apple filling mixture for about 5-7 minutes or until apples have cooked
- Allow to cool completely
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 11×7 baking dish with pam baking spray
- Using a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time until combined
- Beat in the salt and vanilla
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients into the wet
- Spread half of the batter into the pan
- Spread the apple filling onto the top of the batter
- Spread remaining batter over the apple filling
- Place into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
Maple Pumpkin Spice Glaze directions
- Using a small pot, melt the butter, maple syrup, vanilla and pumpkin spice over medium heat
- Once butter has melted, remove from heat and whisk in ½ C powdered sugar until smooth and combined
- Spread evenly over the bars and allow to cool completely
- Cut and enjoy!