Apple brownies will be your new favorite Fall dessert with their chew edges, moist blondies center and then covered in a delicious maple glaze.
You’ll love these apple brownies because they’re a delightful blend of sweet apples and rich brownies. The juicy apples add a burst of fruity goodness to every bite, while the fudgy brownies bring a comforting and indulgent taste. Whether you’re a fan of classic brownies or have a soft spot for all things apple-flavored, these treats offer the best of both worlds. They’re a scrumptious way to enjoy the cozy flavors of fall, making them a perfect dessert for any occasion.
You’ll also want to try our Apple Blondies recipe.
What You’ll Need
- Brownie: This is a basic blondie brownie recipe using all purpose flour, baking powder, kosher salt, unsalted butter, sugar, dark brown sugar, eggs, pure vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice (teaspoon ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger).
- Apple Pie Spice Filling: The apple filling takes the brownies over the top. It is made with Gala Apples, light brown sugar, unsalted butter, pure vanilla extract and ground cinnamon.
- Maple Glaze: This glaze covers the top of the brownies. It is made from unsalted butter, pure maple syrup, powdered sugar, pure vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice.
How to Make Apple Brownies
Cook the Filling: Cook your filling for about 5-7 minutes in a medium pot over low heat or until the apples are fully cooked. Set it aside to cool completely.
- Make the Batter: Cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Then beat in your eggs until well mixed. Next, add in the salt and vanilla. Whisk the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice together in a medium bowl. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ones.
- Build the Cake: Pour in half of the batter into the pan, then pour the apple filling on top. Pour in the remaining batter on top of the apple filling. Set in the oven and for 25-30 minutes bake in the oven or until a tester toothpick comes out clean.
- Make a Maple Glaze: Melt the butter, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice in a small pot over medium heat. When your butter is completely melted, take off the heat and then add in the powdered sugar, and stir until smooth and combined. Lastly, evenly spread your mixture over the bars and set aside to cool thoroughly. Cut and Dig in!
Tips & Tricks
- Can I use any type of apples?
Yes, you can use your favorite type of apples. Some people prefer sweeter varieties like Fuji or Honeycrisp, while others like the tartness of Granny Smith apples.
- Are apple brownies gluten-free or vegan?
They can be! There are recipes available that use gluten-free flour or vegan substitutes, so everyone can enjoy apple brownies.
- How do I store apple brownies?
Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for a couple of days. If you want them to last longer, you can keep them in the fridge.
- Can I add other ingredients to my apple brownies?
Absolutely! You can get creative and add things like cinnamon, nuts, or caramel for extra flavor and texture.
- Do apple brownies go well with ice cream?
Definitely! The warm apple brownies paired with a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce to create a delicious contrast of temperatures and flavors. You should try my No Churn Caramel Apple Ice Cream or Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
More Apple Desserts
Apple Brownies with Maple Glaze
- Using a medium pot over low heat, cook the apple filling mixture for about 5-7 minutes or until apples have cooked.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 11×7 baking dish with baking spray.
- Using a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time until combined. Add in the salt and vanilla.
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Spread half of the batter into the pan.
- Spread the apple filling onto the top of the batter.
- Spread remaining batter over the apple filling.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Using a small pot, melt the butter, maple syrup, vanilla and pumpkin spice over medium heat.
- Once butter has melted, remove from heat and whisk in ½ cup powdered sugar until smooth and combined.
- Spread evenly over the bars and allow to cool completely.