Brown Butter Blondies
Dessert treats are always a go-to in my household. New recipes are always popping up and I’m sure that everyone will never run out of new ideas. And, I happen to have a new recipe for you and your friends and family to try. These Brown Butter Blondies may become a favorite and become a common dessert to make in your household now.
Brown Butter Blondies
These Brown Butter Blondies are so delicious and have the most amazing texture and flavor. The blondies will be a great addition to a dessert buffet for any occasion or a dessert to share with loved ones. This recipe is super easy and simple to make, so be sure to keep this one handy!
Blondie recipes are always a hit; no matter the occasion. I think one of the reasons is because they are so different than the norm. My family loves blondie recipes so I have a few of our favorites that I would love to share with you! My Apple Blondies with a Maple Glaze are delish! If your family loves strawberries then these Strawberry Blondies are simple and will surely become a favorite. Or if you prefer a simpler flavor, my basic Apple Blondies are just like eating an apple pie.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Light brown sugar- This sugar will add richness to your blondies.
- Egg- Use room temperature eggs for this recipe.
- Vanilla– Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Salt- This salt will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Chocolate chips- These will be added to the blondie batter.
How to Make Brown Butter Blondies
Set your oven to 350 degrees. Use 2 pieces of parchment paper to line an 8 x 8″ pan.
Put the butter into a small skillet and heat on medium temp until melted.
It should smell nutty and start to form brown bits on the bottom of the pan. This will take about 5 minutes. You will let it sit to cool until it reaches room temperature, so it doesn’t melt the chocolate chips.
Add the room temperature butter (brown bits and all), brown sugar, egg, vanilla, flour, salt, and chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula. Add some flaky salt on top.
Place into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, check on it so it does not over-bake.
Let it sit and cool thoroughly before enjoying it.
What do Blondies Taste Like?
Blondies have a wonderful flavor! You can taste a butterscotch flavor in blondies as well as a caramel-like flavor. This is mostly from the use of brown sugar in the recipe.
What Mix In’s Can I Add to Blondies?
Since Blondies have a caramel-like flavor or butterscotch there are a few add-ins that would work well. For these blondies, I always recommend giving it a try before adding anything because there are incredible by themselves. However, you can add in chocolate chips, nuts, crushed Oreos, and more.
MORE DESSERT RECIPES
Salted Brown Butter Blondies
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F; line an 8 by 8-inch pan with 2 pieces of parchment paper.
- Add the butter to a small skillet over medium heat. Cook until it smells nutty and brown bits form in the bottom; this takes approximately another 5 minutes after the butter is melted. Cool the butter to room temperature (very important so you don’t melt the chocolate chips).
- Stir together the cooled brown butter (including the brown bits), brown sugar, egg, vanilla, flour, salt, and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top. Sprinkle the flaky sea salt on top.
- Bake until golden, about 20 to 25 minutes, being careful not to over-bake.
- Cool completely before cutting.