This fun and festive 4th Of July Cookie Cake will be a party pleaser at your next patriotic celebration! It is made with bright and vibrant red, white, and blue colored sprinkles, vanilla frosting, and M&M’s.
Red, White, & Blue Cookie Cake
This dessert is not only fun to look at, but tastes delicious! It has so many textures ranging from crunchy to soft to chewy. It is sweet and packed with sprinkles and M&M’s. This is a dream come true for kiddos during the 4th of July or any other patriotic holiday.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
- Sugar: You will need white and brown sugar for a rich sweet flavor.
- Flour: You will need all-purpose flour along with the baking powder and baking soda.
- M&M’s: I use snowball candies that are blue along with a mix of red, white, and blue sprinkles.
- Frosting: I use our homemade cream cheese frosting and red food coloring gel to color it. However, you can you buttercream frosting or store-bought.
How To Make 4th Of July Cookie Cake
- Prepare the batter. Add the butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract into a large bowl and combine until creamy and fluffy. Add the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda into another bowl and combine. A little at a time, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternating between the two until a dough forms. Put in the sprinkles and M&M’s and fold to combine gently.
- Bake the cake. Set the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the cookie baking pan by greasing and lightly flour. Put the prepared dough into the pan and press down evenly with the back of a spoon. Set in the oven to bake for 20 minutes. Take out and place on a cooling rack to cool thoroughly before transferring to a platter.
- Decorating. In the can of frosting (or bowl of homemade frosting, add a few drops of red food coloring until you reach the desired color. Put the frosting into a pastry bag with a large star tip. Add dollops of frosting along the edges and middle of the dessert. Place one M&M in the middle of each dollop and top with sprinkles. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
What Are The Best Toppings For 4th Of July Cookie Cake?
Toppings are a must for this already eye-popping dessert to be even better. I love using homemade frosting or homemade whipped cream to add on top. You can add some food coloring as well. You can use M&M’s chocolate shavings, hot fudge, caramel, sprinkles, and more to decorate this recipe.
Tips & Tricks
- Place leftovers in an airtight container for the best storage method.
- Store this recipe at room temperature or in the fridge or freezer.
- Grease the pan using nonstick baking spray or use parchment paper for easy removal.
- Feel free to add in whatever you prefer to the cookie dough like chocolate chips, nuts, etc…
- You can also spread the frosting in an even layer and top with fresh blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc… Similar to our fruit pizza recipe.
More Patriotic Recipes:
- 4th of July Jello Shots
- 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats
- Patriotic Blondies
- Red White And Blue Cookies
4th Of July Cookie Cake
- In a large bowl, mix together the Butter, Sugar, Brown Sugar, Egg, and Vanilla, until creamy and fluffy. In a separate bowl, add the Flour, Salt, Baking Powder, and Baking Soda, and mix well. Add the Flour mixture to the Butter mixture a little at a time, stirring between additions, until all the flour has been added, and the mixture is like Cookie dough. Add Sprinkles and M&M’s to the bowl, and gently fold into the dough.
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees. Grease and Flour the Cookie Pan, and press the Cookie Dough evenly into the pan, smoothing the top with the back of your spoon—place in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When cooled; add several drops of the Red Food Coloring Gel to the can of Frosting, until you get a bright Red color. Stir well to mix thoroughly. Place a large Star Tip in a Pastry bag, and place the Red Frosting in the Pastry bag. Pipe small Stars around the edge, and in the middle of the Cookie Cake. Place an M&M in the center of the Frosting, and add more Sprinkles to the top of the Cookie Cake. Serve, and ENJOY!