Patriotic Cheesecake Recipe is a yummy dessert for Memorial Day and the 4th of July. This is layered with red velvet cake, cheesecake and homemade frosting.
We have made some of the best Patriotic desserts and I’m excited to add this one to the list! Scroll down to check out a few other favorites.
Patriotic Cheesecake Recipe
This recipe has three layers: red velvet cake, traditional cheesecake and an easy buttercream frosting. Here are all the ingredients you’re going to need.
- Red Velvet Cake Mix. We’re making this easy by saving you some time on this step. If you have a homemade recipe you like better, go for it!
- Cream Cheese. Make sure you let this soften before trying to mix.
- Sour Cream.
- Vanilla Extract. Try not to use imitation if you can, the real stuff is so much better!
- Kosher Salt.
- Food coloring. Blue dye to color the cheesecake layer.
- Heavy cream.
- Powdered Sugar.
How To Make Patriotic Cheesecake
- Make the Cake. Follow the instructions on the box to make a round Red Velvet Cake. Let it cool slightly.
- Make the cheesecake batter. Beat the ingredients according to the instructions below, then separate into to bowls.
- Color. Dye one part of the cheesecake blue and leave the other white.
- Bake. Take turns adding white and blue cheesecake on top of the red velvet cake, and bake for about an hour.
- Make frosting. While the cake cools in the freezer, whisk together the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Decorate. Cover the cheesecake in frosting and add sprinkles.
How Do I Know When Cheesecake Is Done?
The key for cheesecakes is when it’s mostly firm but still has a little bit of a jiggle in the middle. If the middle is totally firm, it’s probably slightly overcooked.
Can I Freeze My Cheesecake?
Sure! The best way to do this add slices of parchment paper in between each piece and then wrap the cheesecake before placing in the freezer.
More Red, White and Blue Recipes
Patriotic Cheesecake Recipe
RED VELVET LAYER INGREDIENTS
- Butter for cake pan
- Flour for cake pan
- 1 box red velvet cake mix plus ingredients called for on the box
CHEESECAKE LAYER INGREDIENTS
Red Velvet cake layer:
- Preheat oven to 350º flour one springform 9" cake pan. Prepare red velvet cake batter according to box directions. Pour your batter in the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 30 to 32 minutes.
- Let cool slightly in cake pan.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy and combined, 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one a time, until combined.
- Add sour cream, flour, vanilla, and salt and beat until combined.
- Split the batter into two bowls
- Add the sky blue gel food coloring into one bowl and mix until color is combined
- Alternating between the two colors, scoop 1 C of each batter onto the top of the cake
- Pour filling onto cake pan and bake until only slightly jiggly in the center, 1 hour.
- Let cool slightly, then transfer to the freezer to cool completely and firm up before assembling.
- Add all the ingredients to a standing mixing bowl.
- Using the whisk, whisk together the ingredients stiff peaks start to form.
- Spread the whipped cream over the top of the cheesecake.
- Scoop the remaining whipped cream into the piping bag and pipe dollops around the edge
- Sprinkle with some patriotic sprinkles