Strawberry Crush Cupcakes
Is there anything better than a strawberry cake with fresh homemade strawberry buttercream frosting? These Strawberry Crush Cupcakes are one of the best cupcake recipes you will ever try.
Strawberry Crush Cupcake
These Strawberry Crush Cupcakes take a typical cake recipe and takes it to a whole new level. This cake is amazingly fluffy and airy thanks to the carbonation from the soda. The strawberry flavor of the cake really shines. Topped with homemade strawberry frosting, this cake is absolutely amazing.
- White cake mix- Using white cake mix is a simple way to make this cake because it saves time.
- Strawberry crush soda- This is what gives the strawberry flavor to this cake.
- Canola oil- Vegetable oil can also be used.
- Egg- You only want to use the egg whites in this recipe.
- Unsalted butter- Always use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Powdered sugar- This is the best sugar for the frosting.
- Vanilla extract- Always use pure vanilla to get the best taste.
- Strawberries- Dice the strawberries to make them smaller enough for the frosting.
- Heavy whipping cream- Heavy cream thins the frosting to the right consistency
- Maraschino cherries- Cherries top this cake off to make it perfect.
How to Make a Strawberry Crush Cake
Beat together all of the cupcake ingredients in a bowl using a mixer.
Once the batter is combined and fluffy, scoop the batter into a cupcake pan with liners. Fill each cupcake 3/4 of the way full.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 21 minutes.
Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool completely.
Make the frosting by beating together butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, diced strawberries, and heavy cream.
Beat together until it starts to form stiff peaks.
Scoop the frosting into a piping bag.
Frost the top of the cupcakes and enjoy.
What’s the Best Icing for a Strawberry Cake?
With this strawberry crush cupcake recipe, I am including the strawberry icing that I use. This is a simple buttercream recipe that has diced strawberries in it.
Can I Freeze Leftover Strawberry Crush Cupcakes?
I love freezing strawberry crush cake. Since these cupcakes have frosting on top, I like to freeze the cupcakes on a plate or on a baking sheet. This way the frosting doesn’t get stuck to the plastic wrap. Once the frosting is frozen, wrap each cupcake well with plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer bag to keep it protected from freezer burn.
More Cupcake Recipes
- Churro Cupcakes Recipe
- Easy Snickers Cupcakes
- Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
- Cadbury Egg Cupcakes
- Andes Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
Strawberry Crush Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 1/4 C strawberry crush soda
- 1/3 C canola oil
- 3 egg whites
Strawberry Frosting ingredients
- 2 C unsalted butter softened
- 6 C powdered sugar
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C finely diced strawberries
- 5-7 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 large disposable piping bag with star tip
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- Using a standing mixer, beat all cupcake ingredients together until combined and fluffy
- Scoop batter into the cupcake liners, filling it about 3/4 way full
- Bake in the oven for 21 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
Strawberry Frosting Directions
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, diced strawberries and heavy whipping cream until combined and creamy and stiff with peaks
- Scoop frosting into piping bag
- Frost cooled cupcakes and place a cherry on top