Popcorn Ball Ice Cream Cones are a super fun snack for your next kid-centric get-together. You’re in the right place because we’re about to make something entirely silly…and yummy.
Popcorn is the best. Popcorn balls? The best times 10. This cute munchie has a nice big ball of sticky popcorn on top that’s been mixed with melted marshmallows. And hey, if you find that this treat awakens your popcorn dreams, try making some Bunny Bait, too. Sweet, salty goodness.
Popcorn Ball Ice Cream Cones
So, in case it wasn’t clear, there isn’t any ice cream in this snack. The ice cream cones feature scoops of popcorn instead. And easy? Oh wow. These are so easy to make that little hands are definitely going to want to help. It’s the perfect way to have a little kitchen fun with your own kiddos.
Go Color Crazy
If you can find them, use the colorful ice cream cones. The plain ones will also do fine, especially since you are going to add some pizzazz with the white chocolate and tons of sprinkles. I’m thinking if these are for a birthday party or something with a theme, you can get all sorts of nonpareils to use.
They come in a crazy amount of colors and shapes. Recently I bought some that are in the shape of tiny flowers. They are so stinking cute!
Nonpareils, on the off chance you don’t know, are tiny decorations made of sugar and starch.
Super Fun Classroom Goodies
I can’t stress enough how perfect these popcorn ball ice cream cones are for classroom parties. I think most of us with kids have at one time or another filled ice cream cones with cake batter to make cupcakes that are easy for small hands to hold and eat.
These are so much easier than that.
The thing that takes the longest to make is the popcorn balls, and even that is crazy easy to do and doesn’t take much time at all.
How to Prevent Sticky Hands (Hack)
It’s kind of a nightmare to get the popcorn mixture off your hands, but there is a fix. Spray your hands with non-stick cooking spray and you’ll be good to go. Do it more than once if you feel it’s not working.
I also spray my pan with it to make that part easier to clean up. Thank goodness for nonstick spray!
Popcorn Ball Ice Cream Cones
- 2 bags popped popcorn seeded removed
- 15 ounces marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 cups white candy melts
- 10 Colored ice cream cones
- Colorful nonpareil sprinkles
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine your marshmallows and butter and heat for 1-2 minutes until the marshmallows get puffy and the butter is melted.
- Mix in the Popcorn and let cool in a bowl.
- Heat the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl for 3-4 minutes on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Hold the cones upside down and dip into the melted white chocolate, shake off any excess chocolate and immediately coat the chocolate with colorful nonpareil sprinkles and place right side up in the freezer to harden.
- Scoop out a handful of sticky popcorn and press it into and on the cones, shaping each one like a scoop of ice cream.