Football season is here and if your family is ready for the Big Game Day, you can’t enjoy it without food. These Cream Cheese Puff Pastry Appetizers are perfect for game day and to share with all of your friends and family. You can make as many as you want because I’m sure everyone will be coming around for seconds.
Cream Cheese Puff Pastry Appetizers
These Puff pastries are so delicious! These appetizers are very simple and easy to make. This recipe comes out with a flakey and soft outer layer with a tasty cream cheese center. Your loved ones will love this new recipe, so be sure to save this one for future Big Game Days and other occasions.
I think one of my favorite things about appetizers is that you can make up a variety of tasty appetizer recipes and turn it into a family fun night! Let each one of the members of your family pick out their favorite appetizer, set out some fun tableware, and serve up a big grazing area of all of the savory recipes. That way everyone can graze as they are relaxing and spending time together. Some of my family’s favorite appetizers are my Mozzarella Sticks, my Bacon-Wrapped Smokies, and my Baked Ranch Chicken Wings.
- Puff pastry- These will need to be thawed per directions on the package.
- Cream Cheese- You will use the whipped chive cream cheese and it should be softened or at room temperature.
- Parmesan cheese- You can grate your oven cheese for the best flavor.
- Egg- Use egg at room temperature.
- Water- You will only be needing a splash of water for this recipe.
- Chives- This is an optional garnish that would need to be thinly sliced.
How to Make Puff Pastry Appetizers
Set the oven to 375 degrees and use parchment paper to line a sheet tray, then place it aside.
Clean a surface and dust with a bit of flour and roll out the puff pastry. It should be rolled out to 14 x 10″ measurements.
Evenly spread the cream cheese onto the pastry leaving a 1″ space from the long edges.
Sprinkle some fresh parmesan on top of the cream cheese layer.
Roll the longest edge towards the other edge into a tight log. Pinch the edges to seal.
Put the log onto the prepared pan. Make slits into the puff pastry with a knife or clean scissors about every 3/4 of an inch from each other. Keep the bottom of the log intact.
Pull apart the slits from each other into points pointing away from each other. Follow the step by step photos.
Add the egg with a splash of water in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Use a brush to add the egg wash onto the top of the log. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
Let sit and cool before adding the optional garnish of chives and serve!
Can I Make This With Homemade Puff Pastry?
Making anything homemade is always a better option. You can follow the recipe as is or if you want to take a few extra steps you can. Homemade puff pastries are easy to make and would make this recipe even better.
Do Cream Cheese Appetizers Need to Be Refrigerated?
Cream cheese is one of the main ingredients in this recipe and it is a dairy product. Being so, you will need to place these in the refrigerator to keep them from going bad. You can place them in a sealed container for storage.
MORE APPETIZER RECIPES
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Pepperoni Pizza Wontons
- Reuben Sliders
- Cheesy Taco Sticks
- Beef and Cheese Mini Tacos
Cream Cheese Puff Pastry Appetizers
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed per directions on the package
- 7.5 ounces whipped chive cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- Splash of water
- Thinly sliced fresh chives for garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a clean work surface dusted with a small amount of flour. Roll out the pastry until it is 14x10. Spread the cream cheese over the surface leaving about 1 inch bare along with one of the long edges farthest from you. Sprinkle the parmesan on top. Tightly roll the long edge nearest you toward the opposite edge. Pinch the seam closed.
- Place the log on the prepared sheet tray. Using a kitchen knife or clean scissors is easiest, cut slits down the log about every inch ¾ of the way through, make sure the bottom of the log stays intact.
- Starting at the top of the log, pull the cut pieces into points opposite each other all the way down. Refer to step by step photos for reference. Do this all the way down the log.
- Place the egg in a small bowl with a splash of water, whisk to combine. Brush the log with the egg wash. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Let cool slightly and serve with more chives for garnish, optional.