How would you like to enjoy a cheesy and meaty appetizer? This delicious Ham and Cheese Sliders Appetizer is the perfect beginning before dinner with your friends and family. This is a quick recipe that will be absolutely incredible for any day of the week.
Ham and Cheese Sliders
These Ham and Cheese Sliders are super easy to make. The ingredients come together to make a simple and quick appetizer in no time. With the thinly sliced ham and gooey cheese, it will be perfect for even a quick snack after a long day. Use these sliders as an appetizer for a get together or a simple and easy dinner idea. Pair the sliders with Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries and Marinated Vegetable Salad for an incredible dinner idea.
- Hawaiian Rolls- You will need to cut in half for the bottom and top of your sliders.
- Spicy mustard- This will add a slightly spicy flavor to the sliders.
- Light brown sugar- This will add a rich flavor to your sliders.
- Honey- This will be added to the mixture that will be brushed on top of your rolls.
- Leftover ham- You will need the ham sliced thin.
- Cheddar cheese- Cheddar is the best fitting cheese to go with ham.
- Butter- You will need to use unsalted butter to control the salt in the recipe.
- Poppy seeds– This will be added to the sauce poured over the rolls.
- Worcestershire sauce- This will add a powerful flavor to your rolls.
- Onion powder- This will be an additional spice for flavoring.
- Garlic powder- The garlic will add a wonderful aroma to your sliders.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
How to Make Ham and Cheese Sliders
Set your oven to 350 degrees. Take half of the bottom rolls to arrange in a 10-inch iron skillet or baking dish, cut side up, then set your dish aside.
Add the mustard, brown sugar, honey, and salt into a small bowl. Brush the mixture onto the rolls, but use only half of the sauce.
Take your sliced cheese and fold into 4ths and put onto the rolls, Repeat with all the rolls, using only 1/2 per roll.
Then add your ham over the cheese.
Add the rest of your cheese on top.
Brush the remaining sauce on top of the meat and cheese, then place the top side of the rolls on top.
Add the butter, poppy seeds, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt to a small bowl and combine. Then, pour your mixture over the rolls and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until they melt and begin to brown.
What is the Best Ham for These Sandwiches?
The best ham you can use for these Ham and Cheese Sliders is up to you. You can use many different types of ham or even other types of meat for this recipe. You can use honey ham or apple-smoked ham and more. This recipe is a great way to use up leftover ham that you might have made for dinner a different night.
What Toppings Can I Add to Ham Sliders?
You can add a variety of toppings to these Ham sliders. You can add different types of vegetables to your rolls or different types of herbs. The choice of toppings depends on what you prefer to eat.
More Ways to Use Leftover Ham
Leftover Ham and Cheese Sliders
- 12 Hawaiian Rolls, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 pound leftover ham, sliced thin
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the bottom halves of the Hawaiian rolls in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet or baking dish cut side up, set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the mustard, brown sugar, the honey, and a pinch of kosher salt until smooth. Brush the cut side of the rolls with the sauce, using half of the sauce. Take a slice of cheese and cut it in half, fold it into a 4th and place it on one of the rolls halves. Continue with all of the rolls, using ½ a slice of cheese per roll. Top each roll evenly with the ham slices. Top the ham with the remaining cheese. Brush the tops of the rolls on the cut side with the remaining mustard sauce. Top the sliders with the top buns, set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the butter, poppy seeds, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, and a pinch of kosher salt. Evenly pour this on top of the rolls. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tops of the rolls are browned.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.