This delicious Air Fryer Easy Mozzarella Sticks are a cheesy and gooey dish with an extra punch of flavor. These mozzarella sticks are a twist on the classic. You can share this with family and friends for lunch or dinner and it may become a favorite.
Easy Mozzarella Sticks
If you’re in search of a great appetizer or a quick snack to enjoy, you are going to want to save this Air Fryer Easy Mozzarella Sticks. This easy recipe is fast and done in a matter of minutes. And it is healthier since it is made in the air fryer instead of deep frying them. However, if you do not have an air fryer, you will want to check out our traditional mozzarella sticks recipe (baked or fried) – it’s delicious!
- Mozzarella cheese sticks-This will be for the cheesy center of your Mozzarella sticks.
- Egg roll or won ton wrappers- These will be wrapped around your cheese for the crispy outer layer.
- Spray Olive oil- This will be sprayed into the center of your won-ton.
- Italian seasoning-This will be another addition to the flavoring of your Mozzarella sticks.
- Julienne sun dried tomatoes- These will be put in with your cheese in the won-ton before cooking
- Tomato sauce – This will be the main tomato base for your sauce.
- Tomato paste –This will add more texture and it will thicken your sauce.
- Coarse ground black pepper- You want to make sure your pepper is ground or cracked.
- Sweet basil-Its best for flavoring if your use fresh basil.
- Ground Oregano- You can ground your own herbs or by them pre-ground.
- Brown sugar-Brown sugar will add a richer flavor to your sauce.
- Minced garlic-Mince your own garlic or buy it store bought.
- Water- I like to use filtered water
How to Make Easy Mozzarella Sticks
You want to lay out your won-ton or egg rolls and lightly spray the wraps will olive oil.
Place the mozzarella stick in the center of your wrap and sprinkle with garlic salt, and Italian seasoning, sun dried tomatoes, and fold up your wrappers.
Spray olive oil and place your sticks in the air fryer. Again, sprinkle some garlic salt and Italian seasoning before cooking at 350 degrees, for 10 minutes. It optional to leave them in longer for a crispier stick.
While your sticks are cooking, start to prepare your sauce by placing your tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, sweet basil, oregano, brown sugar, onion powder, and minced garlic in a heavy bottom saucepan.
Mix all together on medium heat until your ingredients start to bubble and thicken.
For 30 minutes, let the sauce simmer.
Once ready, serve with your crispy Mozzarella sticks.
How do I Get Wonton Wrappers Crispy in the Air Fryer?
I always loved a bit more crunchy things than most. But, the crispiness of your won-ton wrappers depends on you. If you would like them to be crispy, all you will have to do is leave them in a bit longer then the estimated time. Spraying the wrappers with olive oil spray also helps to crisp up the wrappers.
What Dipping Sauces Should I Serve?
For this recipe, you are making a tomato dipping sauce. You can also use a store bought tomato sauce or other sauces that you like. Ranch dressing or honey mustard are other dipping sauces that people like with mozzarella sticks.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli Recipe
- Air Fryer Taquitos
- Pretzel Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Hush Puppies
- Air Fryer Pickles
Easy Mozzarella Sticks
- 12 Mozzarella cheese sticks
- 1 package egg roll or wonton wrappers
- Spray Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- Italian seasoning
- 1 jar julienne sun dried tomatoes see link
- 1 small can tomato sauce 6 ounce
- 1 small can tomato paste 6 ounce
- Coarse ground garlic salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarse ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon ground Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- Lay the egg roll, or Wonton wrappers out on a plate, Spray with spray Olive Oil, and lay one Mozzarella stick in the center. Sprinkle the cheese with Garlic Salt, and Italian seasoning, sun dried tomatoes, and roll up wrappers. Place in air fryer basket, and Spray with Olive oil. Sprinkle with Garlic Salt, and Italian Seasoning. Cook at 350 degrees, for 10 minutes. If you think they need to be a little crunchier, cook for 2 more minutes.
- While they're cooking, make the Marinara: In a heavy bottom sauce pan, place the tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, garlic salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, sweet basil, Oregano, brown sugar, Onion powder, and minced garlic. Stir all together, and heat on medium until bubbly and thick. Simmer for 30 minutes, and serve with Mozzarella Egg Roll Sticks, for dipping. Enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.