Do you want a quick treat that tastes like fall? Well, these wonderful Pumpkin Bars recipe will be an excellent choice to eat for any occasion and perfect for the fall season. Share this with your friends and family and sink your teeth into pumpkin goodness.
Pumpkin Bars Recipe
These pumpkin bars are absolutely amazing. It is incredible easy to make. Made from scratch, these pumpkin bars are perfect for a simple dessert, a bake sale or family get together.
- Flour- Use all purpose flout for the best results.
- Ground cinnamon, Ground ginger and Ground nutmeg- These are the spices usually used with pumpkin.
- Baking soda- This will allow your ingredients to rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Butter- Always use unsalted to control the amount of salt in recipe.
- Light brown sugar- This will add a richer flavor to the bars.
- Egg- Use room temperature eggs for best results.
- Vanilla extract- Always use pure vanilla for best flavoring.
- Pumpkin puree- Make sure to use puree and not pie filling.
- Cream Cheese Frosting– Use this 4 ingredient cream cheese frosting recipe.
How to Make Pumpkin Bars Recipe
Use parchment paper to line a 9×9 baking dish and set your oven to 350 degrees.
Add together flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt until well combined in a large bowl.
Beat together the butter, brown sugar, egg,
vanilla and pumpkin puree in a medium mixing bowl until well mixed.
Slowly add in your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients.
Scoop the finished batter into the baking dish and for 25 to 35 minutes, bake in your oven or until a toothpick tester place in the middle comes out clean.
Set aside after removing from the oven to let your bars cool thoroughly.
Make the Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Beat the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, 1 tbsp ground cinnamon, and heavy whipping cream together in a standing mixer, mixing it well until creamy.
Evenly spread your finished frosting oven the bars and add a little sprinkle of cinnamon over the frosting.
Slice and Dig in!
Can I Add Nuts to These Bars?
You can add nuts to this recipe. Walnuts are the best choice but pecans are another great choice.
Are These Chewy Bars or Cake Bars?
These bars are more cake like than chewy but they are not completely cake like texture. It is denser than traditional pieces of cake.
More Pumpkin Desserts
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Cheesecake Egg Rolls
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake
- Pumpkin Monkey Bread
- Homemade Caramel Pumpkin Latte
- Pumpkin Pie Croissants with Maple Glaze
The Best Pumpkin Bars Recipe
Pumpkin Bars Ingredients
- 1 ½ C flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ C unsalted butter melted
- ⅔ C light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 C pumpkin puree
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 - 8 oz box cream cheese softened
- 1/4 C unsalted butter softened
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3-5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
Pumpkin Bars Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper
- Using a large bowl, whisk together until combined the flour, cinnamon ginger, nutmeg, baking soda and salt
- Using a medium bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla and pumpkin puree
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
- Scoop the batter into the baking pan
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting Directions:
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, 1 tbsp ground cinnamon and heavy whipping cream until combined and creamy
- Spread the frosting oven the bars
- Sprinkle some cinnamon over the frosting
- Cut and enjoy!