If you want a sweet and refreshing drink to enjoy poolside on a hot day, you should try this recipe for homemade Blueberry Lemonade. It’s made with fresh blueberries and lemon juice and no artificial flavors or sweeteners! You’ll never want store-bought lemonade again.
Table of Contents
Quick and Easy Blueberry Drink
I love berries! This blueberry lemonade recipe is a fun and easy way to enjoy delicious fruit on a sunny summer day. It only requires 4 ingredients making it quick to make and also inexpensive. I highly recommend making a large batch and bringing it to a cookout. It’s the perfect accompaniment to barbecue!
During the summer, I love stocking up on fresh fruit for the whole family to enjoy as a healthy and refreshing snack. Sometimes I end up purchasing more than planned if I see a good deal. That’s why I love recipes like this one. It’s easy and versatile, you can add any type of berry or fruit to it that you like. Plus, my kids love it which is great when it can be difficult to get them to eat well during summer break.
More Drink Recipes
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Here are the 4 base ingredients you’ll need to make this deliciously tart and sweet blueberry lemonade recipe.
- Fresh blueberries – These will add fresh blueberry flavor for a fun twist.
- Lemon juice – This is obviously an important ingredient for lemonade.
- Sugar – To sweeten up the drink.
How to Make Blueberry Lemonade
This is such an easy drink to make! Aside from blending and straining the blueberries, you mix everything and chill it in the refrigerator until you are ready to enjoy it.
Step 1. Divide the water and add 1 cup to a blender with the blueberries. Puree together until combined.
Step 2. Drain the blueberry pulp using a fine mesh strainer and pour it into the pitcher.
Step 3. Add the other 3 cups of water, fresh squeezed lemon juice, and sugar to the pitcher. Stir to combine.
Step 4. Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving or pour over ice and enjoy immediately after preparing.
Want some ideas on how to make this recipe your own? Here are some suggestions for ingredient additions and swaps.
- Sugar. Use less sugar for a more tart flavor or more sugar for extra sweetness. You can even swap the sugar for honey if you like.
- Lemon juice. If you don’t have fresh lemons, bottled lemon juice can be used instead.
- Blueberries. Want a different flavor? Swap the blueberries for raspberries, strawberries, or blackberries. Make a mixed berry lemonade by combining two or more!
- Garnish. Use extra blueberries or fresh lemon slices to garnish the blueberry lemonade.
- Alcohol. Make this a fun and delicious adult beverage by adding vodka, sparkling wine, or even some tequila.
- Frozen. Blend this blueberry lemonade with a couple of cups of ice to make a fruit slush!
What to Serve With This Blueberry Lemonade Recipe
If you are trying to decide what you can enjoy with an ice-cold glass of blueberry lemonade, we have some ideas! Since lemonade is a drink that you associate with warm weather, why not dishes that are enjoyed cold so you can keep the oven off and enjoy the sunshine?
Creamy and salty BLT Pasta Salad or quick and easy Ham and Pimento Cheese Sandwich Wraps are great pairings.
How Long Will This Blueberry Lemonade Last?
You can keep any extra blueberry lemonade in the pitcher in the refrigerator for up to a week. If you have any leftovers, that is!
Is Blueberry Lemonade Good For You?
Since store-bought lemonade is full of sugar just like soda, it’s pretty safe to say that this homemade blueberry lemonade recipe is a good alternative. We do use sugar but it is easy enough to swap for a natural sweetener like honey. Blueberries are a very healthy fruit and are full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
More Blueberry Recipes
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
- Frozen Blueberry Margarita
- Beautiful Lemon Blueberry Meringue Pie
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries
- 4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Combine blueberries and 1 cup water in a blender until blueberries are pureed.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain blueberry puree into a pitcher.
- Add sugar, lemon juice and remaining water into the pitcher and stir well.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill or serve immediately over ice and enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.