This Raspberry Pretzel Salad is a layered dessert with a base of crushed pretzels and two layers of cream cheese filling and raspberry jello.
Vintage Raspberry Pretzel Dessert
This unique and delicious recipe is obviously not a real salad like you have come to know. This is a dessert salad that is an old American recipe with a combination of sweet and salty flavors. With summer still here and the hot sun boiling, this chilled recipe is the perfect treat! Very similar to our Strawberry Pretzel Salad.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Pretzel: These will be crushed and combined with butter and granulated sugar to make the crunchy crust.
Cream Cheese: Mixing the cream cheese with whipped topping gives this recipe a creamy and smooth filling layer.
Raspberries: Use fresh or frozen raspberries for the raspberry jello layer.
How To Make Raspberry Pretzel Salad
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees. Add the crushed pretzels, melted butter, and sugar into a medium mixing bowl and combine. Add the base to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and set it in the oven for 10 minutes to bake. Take out and let the base crust cool completely. Add the cream cheese and sugar into a large mixing bowl and combine using an electric mixer until smooth. Use a spatula to fold in the whipped topping before spreading the mixture evenly on top of the crust. Set the pan into the fridge to chill for 1 hour until set. (This step is a MUST because it will keep the jello and filling layer from blending)
Step 2. Add the building water and raspberry jello into a bowl and combine until dissolved. Set it aside to cool. Add the fresh or frozen raspberries on top of the chilled filling layer and top with the prepared jello mixture.
Step 3. Set the dish bake into the fridge to chill for 2-4 hours or overnight for the best results until the recipe is firm and set. When ready, slice and serve with a big dollop of whipped cream. Enjoy!
Variations For Raspberry Pretzel Jello:
You can actually switch out the type or flavor of jello that you use for this recipe. You can try combinations like fresh blueberries and blue Raz jello or fresh cherries with cherry jello.
How To Store A Raspberry Pretzel Salad?
Place the recipe into an airtight container for the best storage method. This recipe can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
More Raspberry Recipes:
Raspberry Pretzel Salad
For the crust:
- 2 cups pretzels crushed
- ½ cup butter unsalted, melted
- 3 Tbsp sugar granulated
For the filling:
For the topping:
- 2 cups raspberries fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 6 oz package raspberry jello
- 2 cups water boiling
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the crushed pretzels, melted butter, and granulated sugar.
- Press into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and allow the pretzel crust to fully cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture until just combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled pretzel crust and place the baking dish into the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill and set. (This step is important to prevent the jello layer from dripping down into the pretzel crust).
- Prepare the raspberry jello topping. Mix together the boiling water with the raspberry jello until dissolved. Allow to fully cool.
- Place the raspberries over the top of the chilled cream cheese layer and pour the cooled jello mix over the raspberries. Return to the refrigerator and chill for at least 2-4 hours or overnight until the jello is fully set and firm.
- Slice and serve with a dollop of whipped cream, enjoy!