There is Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Pretzel, I think? Yes! Reindeer Pretzels are the new craze this holiday season. This is a sweet and salty treat made with pretzels, almond bark, candy eyes, and sprinkles that kids will love!
These adorable Christmas treats are simple to make and so adorable! This is not only a great gift to offer during the holidays but it’s also a fun way to bond with your kids or grandkids. They can help you make them by adding the eyes and nose. These will come out with all sorts of different personalities.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Pretzels: I like to use pretzel rods for this recipe, but regular pretzels can work just as well.
Almond Bark: Make sure to use chocolate almond bark to get the perfect color of a reindeer.
Candy: To decorate and make the faces, you will need candy eyes and round red candy sprinkles.
How To Make Reindeer Pretzels
Step 1. In a heat-safe bowl, add in the chocolate almond bark and place in the microwave for 15-second increments until fully melted and smooth. Arrange sets of two pretzel rods onto a large piece of parchment paper and dip them into the melted chocolate. Make sure to swirl until you make a solid piece of chocolate at the end.
Step 2. Put the nose on the end of the chocolate and arrange the eyes just above it. Allow them to cool until hardened on the parchment paper for about an hour. When they are set, transfer them to a plate, serve, and enjoy!
Variations For Reindeer Pretzels:
I love making this recipe, but sometimes I don’t have certain ingredients, so I use the options below.
- If you don’t have chocolate bark, use white chocolate and add brown food coloring.
- Instead of candy eyes, you can use frosting, you can also do this for the nose as well.
- You can try making these with regular pretzels as well instead of sticks, but sticks work the best.
Tips & Tricks
- Store leftovers in an airtight container or zip lock bag for the best storage method.
- You can store this recipe at room temperature for up to a week or in the fridge or freezer.
More Reindeer Recipes:
- Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats
- Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies
- Reindeer Chow
- Reindeer Corn Christmas Butter Cookies
- 1 bag Pretzel Rods
- 1 cup Chocolate Almond Bark melted, about 3 squares
- Candy Eyes
- Round Red Candy Sprinkles for the nose
- Melt the Chocolate Almond Bark in the Microwave at 15-second intervals, until completely melted, and smooth when stirred.
- Using a large piece of Parchment Paper, lay the Pretzel Rods out in sets of two, and dip the ends of the Pretzel Rods in the melted Chocolate, swirling it around the Rods to make a solid piece of Chocolate with the two Pretzel Rods protruding out of the Chocolate.
- Place the Nose on the end of the Chocolate, and place the Eyes just above the Nose on the Chocolate. (See Photo) Leave the Reindeer laying on the Parchment paper until completely hardened, or set – about an hour. When the Chocolate has set, place the Reindeer Pretzels on a plate or tray, serve, and Enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.