If you love Hot Cocoa Bombs, you have to try this version. These Snowman Hot Chocolate Bombs are so good, and really easy to make. When you pour the hot milk over them, they melt, and bubble, and add such a special treat watching each snowman melt. So much fun to serve!
Snowman Hot Chocolate Bombs
These Hot Chocolate Bombs are so delicious and chocolatey. These little snowmen are adorable with little eyes, a carrot nose and ear muffs. This recipe is very easy to make and will fall apart to reveal a delicious Hot chocolate mix inside. This recipe is great to make and enjoy with friends and family. Serve this hot chocolate bomb at your holiday party with these Ham and Cheese Sliders Appetizer.
Here Are The Ingredients You Need
- Chocolate melting wafers: This is the base of the chocolate bomb. We used the Ghirardelli brand white melting wafers because they are super tasty.
- Hot cocoa mix: Any hot chocolate mix you prefer.
- Orange, Green & Chocolate icing: These will be used to decorate.
- Marshmallows: You have to have marshmallows wit hot chocolate! Grab the mini’s so they fit inside the cocoa sphere.
How to Make a Snowman Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Prep the mold: Wipe the inside of the molds with a paper towel so the bombs have a shiny coat.
- Melt the chocolate: In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the wafers in 45-second intervals, stirring after each. Make sure not to over cook!
- Make the spheres: Add the white chocolate into the mold using a spoon and gently swirling the chocolate to fully coat the inside. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes and once firm, remove from the molds.
- Build the chocolate bombs: Melt the open side of the molds on a pan to create a smooth edge. Then add cocoa mix and a few mini marshmallows into the half bottom mold. Pipe some chocolate around the edge and place the top on.
- Decorate: Add chocolate eyes, a nose, ear muffs however you want! Have fun with it.
What Should I Put Inside Hot Chocolate Bombs?
For this Hot Chocolate bomb, you will be putting marshmallows, chocolate chips, and the mix. You can add anything else, possible caramel to add inside. Either way, the best thing to do is try it out first before adding.
Do Hot Cocoa Bombs Need Refrigeration?
This Cocoa Bomb recipe is probably best placed in the fridge. This will help it to maintain its shape. The best way to maintain its shape is to keep it cold, this recipe may melt if not properly stored at the right temperature.
Other Hot Chocolate Desserts
- Hot Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
- Hot Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- Monkey Bread
- Hot Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
- Chocolate Christmas Cookies
Snowman Hot Chocolate Bombs
- 1 – 30 oz Ghirardelli white chocolate melting wafers
- 2 C milk hot cocoa mix
- 1 tube orange icing
- 1 tube chocolate icing
- 2 C Mini Marshmallows
- Cut the silicone molds so that each sphere mold is by itself as shown in the IP image. I did this because I felt it was easier to control the mold when working with the melted chocolate
- Use a paper towel or clean kitchen towel and wipe the inside of the silicone molds. This will allow your chocolate mold to have a shiny coat on it
- Using a heat-safe bowl, pour into the bowl and place the remaining of the Ghirardelli melting wafers in the microwave for 45-second intervals. Make sure to stir the chocolate after every 45 seconds until completely melted and smooth
- Using a spoon, spoon about 1-2 tbsp of the chocolate into the mold
- Carefully swirl the chocolate to completely coat the inside of the mold
- Lightly shake the extra chocolate back into the bowl
- Place the coated molds into the fridge for 5-10 minutes
- Remove from the fridge and gently peel the silicone mold back away from the hardened chocolate shell
- Carefully place the mold onto the cookie sheet
- Repeat steps with remaining molds
- You should now have 8 half-sphere molds
- Scoop some of the melted chocolate into the piping bag and cut the tip
Building the cocoa bomb :
- Scoop about 1 tbsp of the hot cocoa mix into the bottom of the sphere mold
- Sprinkle in a few of the mini marshmallows
- Pipe a line of the melted chocolate around the edge of the bottom shell
- Carefully place the top shell onto the bottom and gently hold the top to the bottom for about 30 seconds to a minute to allow the piped chocolate to harden to the top shell
- Carefully pick up the bomb and make sure that there is no opening around the center of the shells
- Place the mold back onto the cutting board
- Scoop some orange icing into one piping bag
- Scoop some chocolate icing into the second piping bag
- Cut the tips off both piping bags and decorate your snowman cocoa bomb
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 2 disposable piping bag
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with wax paper