This Slow Cooker Cinnamon Raisin Bread is absolutely amazing. Don’t waste your money on store bought bread that will not have the same flavor and texture of this bread. So simple to make, you will have fresh cinnamon raisin bread whenever you want.
Slow Cooker Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe
Nothing beats home baked bread. It is fresher and tastes so much better than anything you can buy at the store. This bread can be eaten warm from the crockpot or can be stored for several days. No matter how you eat this bread, you are going to love it.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- All purpose flour – All-purpose flour is a multi-use flour. While you can change this flour for wheat flour, you do not want to use bread flour. This has too much gluten.
- Dry active yeast- Make sure the yeast is not expired or it can cause the bread to not rise properly.
- Sugar – Any recipe that uses yeast will include some amount of sugar. The yeast feeds on the sugar in order to make the yeast rise.
- Warm water- It is important that the water is warm but not too hot. This will kill the yeast.
- Cinnamon- The cinnamon gives the best flavor to this bread.
- Golden raisins- If you do not have golden raisins, you can use regular raisins.
- Vegetable oil-You can use canola oil as well.
- Kosher salt- Make sure the yeast does not come into direct contact with the salt. It will kill the yeast.
- Olive oil – This can be an extra virgin olive oil or a second or 3rd press oil.
- Butter – Always use unsalted butter so that you can control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Brown sugar- Brown sugar gives a better flavor than traditional white sugar.
How to Make Cinnamon Raisin Bread in a Slow Cooker
- Mix together water, yeast, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes while everything dissolves. It will become foamy.
- Add the salt in and let it dissolve.
- Then, add the vegetable oil and stir it together.
- Mix in the flour, cinnamon, and raisins. Use your hands until it is combined.
- Knead the bread dough for 5 minutes.
- Lightly coat a bowl with olive oil and place the dough in the bowl. Cover it with plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm area for 45 minutes.
- Take 2 pieces of parchment paper and line the crock pot. This makes it easier to remove the bread once it has baked. Spray the parchment paper with baking spray.
- Turn the crockpot on high and place the dough into the crockpot with butter on top.
- Cook for 2.25 hours.
- Remove the parchment paper with the bread and then top it with butter and more brown sugar.
- Place the bread in the oven and broil high for 2 minutes to give the top a golden color and the bread has a light crunch to it.
What Do You Eat Cinnamon Raisin Bread With?
I like to serve the cinnamon raisin bread as part of breakfast. We often toast it and add butter, cream cheese or jelly on it.
How Do You Keep Crockpot Bread Moist?
The best way to keep the bread moist, whether it is a crockpot bread or store bought bread is to make sure it is covered well. As bread becomes stale it starts to become dried out. Another way to make sure crockpot bread stays moist is to make sure it is not over baked. Any baked good that is overbaked becomes dry.
Other Slow Cooker Recipes You Will Love
- How To Make Apple Sauce in the Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Homemade Caramel
- Easy Crockpot Candy
- Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- Slow Cooker Salted Caramel Apple Butter
Slow Cooker Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe
- In a large bowl, mix together the water, yeast, and sugar.
- Allow everything to dissolve.
- Let sit for 15 minutes in a warm location.
- The mixture should become foamy.
- Add in the salt and stir until dissolved.
- Add the vegetable oil.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, and raisins.
- With your hands mix until it is all combined.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes.
- Place the dough in a large bowl that is lightly coated with olive oil.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and place in a warm area for 45 minutes.
- The dough should double in size.
- Take 2 sheets of parchment paper and line your crockpot.
- Turn the crockpot on high.
- Spray the parchment paper with non stick baking spray.
- Place the dough into the crockpot and lightly top the dough with butter.
- Cook on high for 2.25 hours.
- Remove from the crockpot and place the bread along with the parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Top with butter and sprinkle more brown sugar.
- Place in the oven on Broil high for 2 minutes to give the top a golden color and light crunch.