Ginger Snaps are one of my all time favorite cookies and this recipe is seriously the Best! The perfect combination of ginger and spices makes the flavor pop, but the soft texture is what makes these extra special. Add these ginger snap cookies to your holiday cookie swap this year and everyone will absolutely love them!
Ginger Snap Cookies
This year skip the boxed ginger snaps and make this easy recipe instead. Honestly, these are so much better than anything you could buy in a store. These spiced cookies are soft, chewy and delicious. One bite and you are going to be hooked.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Butter – unsalted softened butter is used in this cookie recipe.
- Sweeteners – you will use granulated sugar and molasses.
- Egg – only one large egg is needed.
- Dry ingredients – flour, baking soda and salt.
- Spices – you will need ground ginger, coves, and cinnamon.
How To Make Gingersnaps
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and make sure the rack is in the cent of the oven. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat on low to combine the butter and sugar until it is creamed and fluffy, then you will add the eggs and molasses and beat until it is completely combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until it is well combined.
- With your hands make the dough into balls that are about 1 inch in size and then roll the dough balls in the sugar. Place the dough balls onto the cookie sheets and bake 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool and then store extra cookies in an airtight container.
How Can I Keep Ginger Snaps Soft?
The best way to keep these ginger snaps soft is to make sure to store them properly. You want to keep the cookies in an airtight container. This will keep the cookies from getting stale. Also, when you are baking the cookies, make sure not to over bake them. Overbaking cookies is the most common reason why cookies do not stay soft.
Do Gingersnap Cookies Have to Be Stored in the Refrigerator?
When you are storing these cookies you want to store them at room temperature in an airtight container. You can use a container with a lid or use a freezer bag to keep the cookies from getting stale.
Other Ginger Cookie Recipes
- Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies
- Frosted Gingerbread Cookies
- Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies
- Ginger Maple Cookies
- Gingerbread Snowflake Cookies
Soft Ginger Snaps
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Move oven rack to the center of the oven
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Using the electric mixer, set on low, add the butter and 1 cup of sugar. Beat until the butter is creamed and fluffy.
- Add the egg and molasses to the mixture in the bowl. Continue to mix until completely combined.
- In a separate bowl (medium) add together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Mix until all ingredients are blended.
- Slowly add some of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients until combined.
- With your hands make dough into balls about 1 inch in size. Roll the dough balls in the sugar.
- Place the dough balls onto the parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to the wire rack to cool completely.
- Store extra cookies in an airtight container.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- Electric mixer w/ mixing bowl
- 1- Medium bowl
- 1- small plate or bowl
- Cooking sheets
- Wire rack
- Lidded container for storing