These Halloween Stuffed Peppers are the most fun and filling Halloween dinner. They are fresh bell peppers filled with a simple ground turkey and rice recipe. And of course, a fun face, too!
We are all about fun themed dinners for kids anytime but especially for a holiday! Why just have a normal dinner when you can add a face or serve it up in a fun shape?
Halloween Stuffed Peppers
My 7 year old thought of this fun dinner in the grocery store the other day. Isn’t it so fun? I tried to make the recipe simple for the extra time you will spend cutting out the face, however it really takes no time at all! This is how we made our Jack-O-Lantern & Frankenstein Stuffed Peppers.
Ingredients You’ll Need
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Ground Turkey – a pound
- Brown Rice – we used the microwave pouch to save time.
- Bell Peppers – orange and red
- Tomato Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce – gives a great flavor to the turkey
- Garlic and Onion powder – for flavor
- Salt & Pepper – to taste
- Italian seasoning
- Mozzarella Cheese – shredded
- A hand full of raisins – for the mouth; can be optional
- Brown and drain the turkey.
- Wash and remove the seeds from the peppers, but don’t toss the scraps just yet.
- Cut the pumpkin and Frankenstein faces.
- Mix the turkey, rice, sauces and seasonings.
- Scoop the mixture in the peppers and add cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the peppers are nice and tender.
- When they’re finished, finishing decorating and serve.
While the peppers bake, take the tops of the green peppers and cut the edges to look like Frankenstein’s hair. Do this with kitchen scissors…it’s a lot easier that way.
We couldn’t think of a way to make the hair black other than charing it and that just wouldn’t look good. They ended up being a darker green anyways so it turned out just fine.
I cut raisins in three to make the mouth and used them for his pupils. We attached them with just a little bit of cream cheese or you could just cut the mouth out as well and skip the raisins altogether.
Take the inside pepper scraps and cut out Frankenstein’s eyes and electrodes.
I never thought in a million years that my boys would ever eat peppers, but this sure did the trick and they thought it was such a treat! We hope that you like them as well.
Other Halloween Fun Food:
Halloween Stuffed Peppers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pouch of microwave brown rice 1 ½ cups
- 4 green & orange bell peppers
- 2 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- a hand full of raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brown the ground turkey (or beef) in the pan and drain.
- Cut off the tops of the peppers. Remove the seeds and membranes of the bell peppers (save the tops and scraps). Cut a pumpkin face out of the orange peppers and cut eyebrows out of the green pepper for Frank. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright and you can see the faces).
- In a bowl, mix the browned turkey, cooked brown rice, 1 1/2 cans tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning and pour over the stuffed peppers. Top them with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven until the peppers are tender.