These Halloween Stuffed Peppers are so fun and loved by kids and adults. Fresh bell peppers filled with a simple cheesy meat and rice recipe. Plus, jack-o-lantern stuffed peppers are incredibly easy to make.
Jack-o’-Lantern Stuffed Peppers
My 7 year old thought of this fun dinner in the grocery store the other day. Isn’t it so fun? I tried to make the recipe simple for the extra time you will spend cutting out the face, however it really takes no time at all! This is how we made our Jack-O-Lantern & Frankenstein Stuffed Peppers.
We are all about fun themed dinners for kids anytime but especially for a holiday! Why just have a normal dinner when you can add a face or serve it up in a fun shape?
Ingredients You’ll Need
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Ground Turkey – you can also use lean ground beef or ground chicken.
- Brown Rice – we used the microwave pouch to save time, but feel free to use your rice cooker.
- Bell Peppers – any color will be fine, but we prefer large orange bell peppers.
- Tomato Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce – gives a great flavor to the turkey.
- Garlic and Onion powder – for flavor.
- Salt & Pepper – to taste.
- Italian seasoning
- Mozzarella Cheese – shredded cheddar cheese can also be used.
How To Make Halloween Stuffed Peppers
- Prepare the ground turkey.
- Wash and remove the seeds from the peppers, but don’t toss the tops.
- Using a sharp paring knife, cut a jack-o’-lantern face from the front side of the peppers.
- Mix the ground turkey, rice, sauces and seasonings.
- Scoop the stuffing mixture in the peppers and add cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the peppers are nice and tender.
- When they’re finished baking, decorating and serve.
Tips & Tricks
While the peppers bake, take the tops of the green peppers and cut the edges to look like Frankenstein’s hair. Do this with kitchen scissors…it’s a lot easier that way.
Adding spaghetti as a filling is also another great idea with the saucy noodles coming out of the top and face.
How To Store Halloween Stuffed Peppers
If you happen to have any leftovers simple store in an airtight container and either reheat in the oven or microwave.
Other Fun Halloween Recipes:
Halloween Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brown the ground turkey (or beef) in the pan and drain.
- Cut off the tops of the peppers. Remove the seeds and membranes of the bell peppers (save the tops and scraps). Using a knife, cut a pumpkin face out of the peppers.
- Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward.
- In a bowl, mix the browned turkey, cooked brown rice, 1 1/2 cans tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper.
- Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning and pour over the stuffed peppers. Top them with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven until the peppers are tender.