These Shamrock Key Lime Pie Pops are very easy to make and look so fun! My boys said this is definitely one of their favorites St. Patrick’s day treats! My 3 year old helped me make these and we had a blast!
While you can use a prepackaged refrigerated pie crust for this recipe you can also use our Homemade Pie Crust Recipe. It’s so easy and good!
Shamrock Key Lime Pie Pops Ingredients:
- Pie Crust
- Key Lime Filling
- 1 Egg White
- Green Sprinkles
- Green Food Coloring
- Cookie Sticks
- Decorative Straws
- Shamrock Cookie Cutter
How To Make Shamrock Key Lime Pie Pops
- Start out by pre heating your oven to 425.
- Then roll out the pie crust.
- Have the kids cut out the shamrock shapes with the cookie cutter.
- Then take your key lime filling and add 1 drop of green food coloring to it and mix.
- Spread the filling on the top leaving the edges untouched.
- Then press the cookie stick on top.
- Add another pie cut out on top and press around the edges using a fork.
- Beat 1 egg white until fluffy and add another drop of green food coloring. This is optional.
- Spread on the egg wash.
- Then add the green sprinkles.
- Bake in the over for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let them cool and then put them into decorative straws.
We wanted rainbow straws, but we couldn’t find any. I found stripped washi tape at Target. We cut the strips from the tape and wrapped them around the cookie stick. They fit perfectly. We shared this idea on our Instagram. Any colorful straws would work as well….
Here are my 2 older boys with their fun Shamrock Pie Pops…