We are excited to share with you our Star Wars Garbage Masher Cake that we made for my 5 year old son’s Birthday! He has never wanted a normal cake and I love how he can think outside of the box! He did have some help from his Uncle Brian thinking this idea up! The Garbage Masher happens to be his favorite scene from Star Wars so we tried to come as close to it as possible. It’s definitely an original cake design! The big Star Wars fans at the party really appreciated this cake and thought it was awesome!
Star Wars Garbage Masher Cake Ingredients:
- Chocolate cake
- Chocolate frosting
- Chocolate cookie icing
- Chocolate graham crackers
- Broken up misc. candy and cookies
- Large pretzels rods
- 1 green fruit roll up
- 1 edible eye ball
- Star Wars figures.
How To Make Star Wars Garbage Masher Cake:
- Make the walls with the chocolate graham crackers. Glue each of them over lapping together with the cookie icing. Set aside to dry.
- Make the chocolate cake in a 9×13 pan. Use parchment paper on the bottom for easy release.
- Frost the whole thing with chocolate frosting.
- Break up different pieces of cookies and candy and scatter them around the cake. (We used black twizzlers, graham crackers, chocolate chips, large pretzels, Star Crunch cookies, etc..)
- Arrange your washed and cleaned figures to the cake. Princess Leia and Han Solo are holding a large pretzel rod for the pole that was used in the scene.
- Place the graham cracker walls around the sides.
- Place Chewbacca at the door and Luke being pulled under by the creature.
- For the creature cover half of a pretzel stick with a green fruit roll up. Attach a green jelly bean for his head and an edible eye ball on the jelly bean. Use the rest of the fruit roll up for the creatures leg that is pulling Luke under.