Milky Way BrowniesThis Loaded Brookie Bars recipe will have a feeling like your standing in a bakery with its amazing aroma and wonderful flavor. This recipe is super simple and a great recipe to enjoy with a tall glass of milk at the end of your day. It doesn’t get better than this!
You will also want to check out our popular Brookie Cups recipe filled with Reese’s!
This Brookie Bars recipe is very easy to make and follow along with. These brownies come out with the softest texture with crunchy pieces in the middle. This is a great recipe to share with anyone you know and one of the easiest brownie recipes you could make. If you have adult friends, feel free to try these brownies out with a glass of Boozy M&M Milkshake or if not an adult, you can enjoy with a Shamrock Shake (McDonald’s Copycat).
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Light brown sugar- This will add richness and moisture to your recipe.
- Sugar- Every great dessert recipe uses sugar as an ingredient.
- Baking Soda- This will allow your ingredients to rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will help bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Eggs- Be sure to use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Vanilla Extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Cocoa Powder- Try to get Hershey’s brand of cocoa powder.
- Chocolate Chips- You will be needing the milk chocolate chips.
- Oreo Cookies- These will need to be chopped.
- M&M’s- These will be added into the batter for more texture and flavor.
How to Make Brookie Bars
Set the oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper to line a 9×13 inch pan.
Add the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and cocoa powder into a large bowl and beat to combine.
Slowly add in flour and salt and beat again to combine.
Add 1 C of chocolate chips and fold in to combine.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread out evenly.
Add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar into a large bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
Mix in one egg at a time with vanilla and combine.
Add in the dry ingredients.
Add in the measured amount of chocolate chips, chopped Oreo’s, and M&M’s, and fold to combine.
Begin to add spoonfuls of the cookie dough into the finished brownie batter.
Carefully try to spread out the cookie dough evenly on top of the brownie batter.
Place the pan into the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes or until it is a golden brown or place a toothpick in the center of the brownies and it should come out clean.
Take the brownies out and let them sit and cool before cutting.
Serve and Enjoy!
What is the Best Chocolate for Making Brookies?
The best chocolate I feel to use for a brownie recipe is anything made by Hershey. The cocoa powder in this recipe is a Hershey’s brand powder. This Cocoa Powder will give the best chocolate flavor and have the best results.
How Do You Keep Brownies Moist?
Making sure that your brownies are cooked at the right temperature and for the right amount of time is important. Overcooking brownies will make the brownies become hard really quickly. So, if you cook them at the right time, they will stay soft and moist on the inside. Be sure to store it in an airtight container as well.
More Brownie Recipes:
Loaded Brookie Bars
- ¾ C unsalted butter melted
- ¾ C sugar
- ½ C light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ C Hershey cocoa powder
- 1 C flour
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 C milk chocolate chips
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ingredients
- ½ C unsalted butter softened
- ¼ C light brown sugar
- ½ C sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 C flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 C Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 C chopped oreo cookies
- 1 C M&M’s
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a 9x13 with parchment paper
- Using a large bowl, beat together until combined the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and cocoa powder
- Gradually beat in the flour and kosher salt
- Fold in the 1 C milk chocolate chips
- Spread evenly into the bottom of the 9x13 baking dish
- Using a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in the dry ingredients
- Fold in the chocolate chips, chopped Oreos and m&ms
- Spoon large dollops of the cookie dough on top of the brownie batter
- Gently try to spread the cookie dough to cover the top of the brownie batter
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until lightly brown and a toothpick comes out clean from the center
- Allow cooling before cutting into bars and enjoying!