I wonder if you know what it is like to bite into a delicious pie, filled with absolutely delicious flavors with the most delightful texture. This amazing Buttermilk Pecan Pie Recipe is the perfect recipe for you and your family. You may just fall in love with this recipe and your family and friends are sure to come around for seconds.
Buttermilk Pecan Pie
This Buttermilk Pie is super easy to put together and simple to follow along with. The ingredients will create an incredible blend of flavors for a moist and gooey streusel pie. This pie will come out tasting as if you bought it from a bakery. You will be more than excited to add this to your favorite recipe book! This pie will be the perfect addition to you weeknight dinner. Serve it with Brown Sugar Bacon Sloppy Joes and Baked Zucchini Spears
- Deep-dish pie shell– You can buy premade or make your own homemade.
- Butter- You should use unsalted to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar- Every great dessert has sugar in the recipe.
- Flour- You can use all-purpose for the best results.
- Salt- The salt will bring out the flavors in a recipe.
- Eggs- You will need to use the eggs at room temperature.
- Buttermilk- You can use whole or 2% milk as a substitute.
- Lemon juice- Fresh lemon juice will give the best result.
- Vanilla extract- You will need to use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Light brown sugar- This will add richness to your recipe
- Ground cinnamon- You can ground your own ingredients for the best flavoring.
- Pecan- You will need to have your walnuts chopped.
- Salted caramel sauce– This will be used to drizzle on top.
How to Make Buttermilk Pecan Pie Recipe
Set the oven to 350 degrees.
Add the butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
Beat in the flour, salt, and eggs until smooth.
Blend in the buttermilk, lemon juice, and vanilla until it appears curdled.
Add in the filling to a 9″ pan. I normally use a deep dish.
Put the pan on the cookie sheet and put it in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Make the topping
Add all the streusel ingredients into a medium bowl and use your fingers to crumble together.
Add on top of the pie and put back in the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
Take out of the oven and put on a rack to cool for 20 minutes.
Add the salted caramel to a piping bag and cut the tip to drizzle on top of the pie.
Slice and Enjoy!
Is a Buttermilk Pie Also a Chess Pie?
Buttermilk Pie is often mistaken for Chess Pie. This is not the case for this recipe. There are a few slight differences between these two recipes. In a buttermilk pie, there is zest like lemon and vanilla on the inside, whereas chess pie does not have this.
Should I Refrigerate Buttermilk Pie?
Refrigerating your buttermilk pie is not needed for this recipe. However, when you put it into the fridge, it will make the pie last longer. Make sure to store correctly in an airtight container.
More Delicious Pie Recipes
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
- Sweet Potato Meringue Pie
- Pumpkin Pecan Pie Recipe
- Delicious Pumpkin Streusel Pie
- Chocolate Buttermilk Pie
Buttermilk Pecan Pie
- 1 9 in premade deep-dish pie shell
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pecan Streusel Ingredients
- ¼ C light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 C chopped Pecan
- ¼ C salted caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl till creamy.
- Add flour, salt, and eggs. Beat till smooth. Add buttermilk, lemon juice, and vanilla and blend well. (Mixture may appear curdled.)
- Pour filling into a 9" pie crust. I like to use a deep dish.
- Place the pie pan on a cookie sheet and place it in an oven that has been preheated to 350°. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Using a medium bowl and fingers, pinch together all streusel ingredients to create a crumble
- Remove pie from oven and top the pecan streusel on top
- Place back into the oven and continue to back for 20 minutes
- Allow cooling on a cooling rack for 30 minutes
- Cut the tip of the piping bag and drizzle the salted caramel over the pie
- Cut and serve!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 1 disposable piping bag