Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious dessert recipe to try this holiday season, be sure to give this sweet potato pie recipe a shot. It’s absolutely delicious and will make your Thanksgiving table stand out from the rest.
Southern Sweet Potato Pie
If you have never had the chance to try a sweet potato pie, now is your chance! This pie is so delicious and simple to make. This recipe is great for any occasion such as picnics, parties, or a dessert buffet! Sweet Potatoes have a great way of adding so much flavor to a dessert, so if you love this recipe, you will want to try out this Cinnamon Roll Sweet Potato Pie or this Chocolate Sweet Potato Pie.
- Potatoes– You will need peeled sweet potatoes cut into 1″ squares.
- Butter– You will need salted butter for this recipe.
- Marshmallows– These will be added to the sweet potato batter.
- Sugar– This sugar is always used in the best desserts.
- Nutmeg– This will be used for additional flavoring.
- Eggs– Use these at room temperature.
- Pie Crust– You can buy store-bought or make our Easy No-Roll Pie Crust.
- Heavy Whipping Cream– This will help with the consistency of your topping.
- Powdered Sugar– This sugar is best for homemade frosting.
- Vanilla– Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
How to Make Sweet Potato Pie
To start, add the sweet potatoes into a pot on the stove and boil for about 20 minutes until tender.
First, set the oven to 350 degrees.
Secondly, put the butter and marshmallows into the potatoes and combine until fully incorporated.
Thirdly, mix in the sugar, nutmeg, and salt and combine.
Next, place the pie crust into a 9″ pie dish, then pour in the prepared batter.
In addition, place the pice into the oven for 35-40 minutes until the pie rises, turns golden, and sets. (If the crust browns too fast, you can use a pie crust shield)
Furthermore, let the pie cool while making the topping.
Add the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla into a mixing bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
Place the topping onto the potato pie (if desired)
Serve and Enjoy!
How to store sweet potato pie?
Storing this sweet potato pie is simple to do. You will want to place the recipe into an airtight container for the best method of storage. You can keep this recipe at room temperature or make it last a bit longer, you can place it into the fridge or freezer.
How Long does it last?
If stored in the fridge, your pie should last between 2-3 days. If you want, you can also place it into the freezer to last even longer. This recipe can be left at room temperature also if you plan on eating it within a few hours.
More Sweet Potato Recipes:
- Sweet Potato Anti-Inflammatory Muffins
- Sweet Potato Casserole (Pecan Streusel and Marshmallows)
- Maple Sweet Potato Bread
Sweet Potato Pie
- 3 medium Sweet Potatoes peeled and cut into 1” squares
- 1 Stick butter salted
- 14 marshmallows
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon Vanilla
- Boil sweet potatoes until tender (about 20 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add butter and marshmallows to sweet potatoes and beat until melted and well combined.
- Add sugar, nutmeg, and salt, mix well.
- Add the eggs and beat until well mixed and creamy.
- Line a 9” pie dish with the refrigerated pie crust then take the sweet potato mixture and fill the pie crust.
- Bake until the pie rises, browns, and firms up. This is usually about 35-40 minutes. If needed, use a pie crust shield if it looks like the crust is browning too fast.
- Allow the pie to cool completely. Beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks are formed. Use this as a topping for your sweet potato pie (if desired)