A delightful dessert is all a family needs to finish off an eventful day. This Chocolate Sweet Potato Recipe is not only a perfect choice for after dinner, but for any occasion. You can share this amazing recipe with your friends and family and they may just fall in love. Especially if you add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Chocolate Sweet Potato Pie
Sweet potato pie is a classic during the holidays. If you love sweet potato pie, you are going to love this version. It is taken to a new level by adding a layer of chocolate ganche and chocolate chips. This chocolate sweet potato pie recipe is going to be the hit of your holiday dinner.
- Pie crust- You can make your own homemade crust or buy premade.
- Sweet potato- You will need 4-6 potatoes mashed.
- Butter- You should use unsalted to control the amount of salt in a recipe.
- Eggs- You will need to have your eggs at room temp.
- Light brown sugar- This will add richness to your recipe.
- Sugar- Every great dessert has sugar in the recipe.
- Sweetened condensed milk- This will help with the consistency of your dessert.
- Evaporated milk- This will enhance the flavor of your pie and make it creamier
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Nutmeg- This will add a wonderful aroma to your pie.
- Cinnamon- You can ground your own ingredients for the best flavoring.
- Ginger- This will be an additional spice for flavoring.
- Orange zest- This will be added as an additional flavor to your recipe.
- Vanilla extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Chocolate chips- You will use the mini chips and this will be used for topping.
- Heavy whipping cream- Whipping cream is best used for topping off desserts.
How to Make Chocolate Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
Set your oven to 400 degrees.
Use a fork to poke the sweet potatoes and add them into the oven to bake for 40 minutes or until tender.
Set aside to cool before peeling and taking out dark spots.
Add the potatoes, butter, eggs, sugars, milk, and all spices to a standing mixer and beat until smooth.
Add the filling to the pie crust.
Put in the oven and bake for 50 minutes or until it becomes set.
Take out and put on a rack to cool until it reaches room temp.
Once it reaches room temp, put in the fridge overnight.
Add the heavy cream to a small pot and bring to a boil.
Add the chocolate chips to a medium bowl and pour the heavy cream inside.
Let is sit for about 1 minute and mix until smooth.
Pour the mixture evenly over the cooled pie.
Add the mini chips on top.
Put back into the fridge and let it sit for another hour before enjoying it.
Can I Use Yams Instead of Sweet Potatoes?
For this wonderful Sweet pie recipe, you will need to use sweet potatoes. The ingredients in this recipe fit really well when all the ingredients listed are used. But, yams and sweet potatoes are pretty much the same and can be used in this recipe.
Can I Freeze Sweet Potato Pie Filling?
When making this Sweet potato pie, you may be in a rush. Although, when making a recipe, making things right then and there is always the best choice. But, if you are in a rush and need to freeze your filling, you can. Be sure to seal in an airtight container.
More Sweet Potato Recipes
- Sweet Potato Meringue Pie
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Butter
- Sweet Potato Anti-Inflammatory Muffins
Chocolate Sweet Potato pie
- 1 9 inch pre-made pie crust
- 3 C mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 C unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 1/3 C light brown sugar
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 C evaporated milk
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ C heavy whipping cream
- 1 C mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Poke the sweet potatoes with a fork and bake for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Let cool, then peel and remove any dark spots.
- In a standing mixture, beat the sweet potatoes, butter, eggs, sugars, milk, and all the spices until combined and smooth
- Pour the pie filling into the pre-made pie crust
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and place onto a cooling rack to cool to room temp.
- Once cooled, place pie into the fridge for overnight
- Using a small pot, bring the heavy whipping cream to a boil
- Pour over the 1 C chocolate chips in a medium bowl
- Allow to sit for 1 minute before whisking until smooth
- Pour the ganache over the sweet potato pie and smooth evenly
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips on top
- Place into the fridge and allow the ganache to set for an hour before serving
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.