Strawberry Trifle is a layered strawberry dessert made with whipped cream and cubes of soft angel food cake. Super easy and always a huge hit for Summer gatherings.
Simple Strawberry Trifle
This recipe is so good and perfect for strawberry lovers! It has 3 pints of strawberries placed throughout the dessert and tastes like a giant strawberry shortcake! This is a quick and easy dessert that anyone can make in no time.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Strawberries: You are going to need quite a bit of strawberry for this recipe. Fresh is best and if you’re a strawberry lover like me, you won’t mind!
Lemon: This will add a tangy flavor to the recipe and also helps with keeping it fresh for longer.
Angel Food Cake: This is my absolute favorite cake to have with strawberries. This is what makes it taste like a strawberry shortcake!
Whipped Cream: we love our Homemade Whipped Cream recipe, but you can also use store bought.
How To Make Strawbery Trifle
Step 1. Take out 10 of the prettiest strawberries you can find and place them aside for later. Use all the rest and slice the tops off. Cut them in half and place 1/2 of the cut strawberries in a bowl and place them aside. Take the other half of the cut strawberries and toss in a bowl of sugar and lemon juice before covering and chilling in the fridge for 30 minutes. Take out the cake and slice it into even cubes.
Step 2. Place a layer of the cubed cake into the bottom of the trifle dish. Add a thin layer of whipped cream on top to just cover the cake. Arrange the plain strawberries along the side of the dish and some in the middle as well. Top with another layer of whipped cream. Add the sugared strawberries and some juice on top. Add another layer of the whipped topping. Continue with another layer along the edge of the dish with plain strawberries. Place the rest of the sugared strawberries in the middle with the juice. Top with a final and thicker layer of whipped cream. Top with the prettiest strawberries from earlier to decorate.
Step 3. Spoon the finished dessert onto serving dishes and enjoy right away!
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries For Strawberry Trifle?
This recipe is best with fresh strawberries! The fresh ones not only have a better flavor in my opinion but have less of a chance of soaking into the angel food cake.
How To Store Strawberry Trifle?
Place the cake into an airtight container for the best storage method. This is best kept in the fridge for no longer than two days. The longer this dish is stored the soggier it will become. It’s best to serve it right away!
More Strawberry Recipes:
- Strawberry Upside Down Cake
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Pie (No-Bake)
- Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- Strawberry Pie Cheesecake (No Bake)
Strawberry Trifle (Quick and Easy)
- 3 pints strawberries
- 1 juice lemon
- 1/4 cup sugar granulated
- 1 Angel Food Cake
- 2 cups whipped cream Homemade or Store-bought
- Remove the 10 best-looking strawberries from the pint and set them aside.
- Take all the remaining strawberries, cut off the tops, and halve them. Take 1.2 of the halved strawberries and set them aside.
- Place the remaining halved strawberries in a bowl. Toss in the granulated sugar and lemon juice. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take the angel food cake and cut it into equal-sized cubes.
- Build the trifle
- Start with the cubed angel food cake at the bottom of the trifle dish. Cover with a small layer of whipped topping – just enough to completely cover the cake.
- Take the healed strawberries that weren’t covered in sugar and line the edges of the trifle dish.
- In the center of the halved strawberries and on top of the whipped cream topping, place half of the macerated strawberries, plus some of the accumulated juice.
- Top the strawberries with another layer of whipped topping. Repeat another strawberry layer, by lining the trifle dish with fresh strawberries, the placing the remaining macerated strawberries in the middle with all the juices. Top with whipped topping again, this time building it up higher, then place the 10 best-looking strawberries on top for decoration.