Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp is a delicious summer dessert. This recipe has fresh rhubarb and strawberries with a cinnamon sugar topping.
I’m so excited that summer is almost here! I can’t wait to make some of my favorite summer treats.
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
If this is your first introduction to rhubarb, welcome! This vegetable is full of antioxidants and flavor. By itself its a very tart vegetable, but when cooked with sugar it’s sweet and delicious.
This recipe is pretty easy to make and everyone will be saying, “This is so good. What’s in it??”
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Strawberry. Fresh diced strawberries.
- Rhubarb. Cleaned and trimmed into tiny pieces. Toss the leaves.
- Flour. All-purpose.
- Lemon Juice. Fresh or bottled.
- Vanilla. This is optional but adds a bit more flavor.
- Brown Sugar.
- Oats. The quick kind.
- Nuts. This is totally optional. You can use chopped pecans or walnuts.
How To Make A Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Fruit. Chop your fruit and stir with lemon, sugar and flour. This is where you’d also add in the vanilla if you’d like. Pour into a greased pan.
- Topping. Stir the oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg together. Melt the butter and stir into the topping. Sprinkle on top of the fruit.
- Bake. Bake your dessert until the fruit is bubbling and the oats are browning, about 40 minutes. Let this cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Add some ice cream on top!
Can I Freeze Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp?
Yes, you can freeze this. Once it’s entirely cooled, put the dessert into a freezer safe dish and make sure it’s sealed completely. When you are ready to eat it, let it thaw out at room temperature and reheat in the oven on 350.
More Yummy Recipes To Try
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- 1 pound 4 cups rhubarb, cleaned, trimmed and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 pound 4 cups strawberries, cleaned and quartered
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup nuts pecans or walnuts, chopped, optional
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- Ice cream for serving if you like
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare 13×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, add rhubarb and strawberries, stir to combine
- Add sugar, flour, lemon juice, and vanilla extract stir to combine
- Pour into greased baking dish
- In a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and nuts (if using)
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl and stir into mixture until well combined and crumbly
- Sprinkle on top of the fruit
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and fruit is bubbling
- Cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve with ice cream if desired