How would you like a warm and flavorful soup to enjoy on a chilly night? I have the perfect recipe for you, that may become a favorite in your household. You can enjoy this Tex Mex Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup with your friends and family. This recipe is perfect for any occasion!
Tex Mex Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
This Chicken and Rice Soup is absolutely amazing. This recipe is quick and easy and will be made in no time. It’s full of flavor and will just melt in your mouth. This recipe is not only really good, but it is a healthy meal. Serve this soup with Mexican Cornbread or Homemade White Bread Recipe with Garlic Butter Spread
- Olive oil– You can use vegetable oil as a substitute.
- Butter– You will need to use unsalted to control the amount of salt.
- Chicken Breast- Be sure to get boneless and skinless chicken.
- Onion – Prepare your onion by chopping and use any type you prefer.
- Minced garlic– You can mince your own garlic for the best flavor.
- Broth- You will need to use chicken flavored broth.
- Tomatoes – You will need 16 ounces can of stewed tomatoes.
- Black beans – You will need to have these prepared and drained.
- Taco sauce- You will need mild, but use hotter sauce if desired.
- Green Chilies – This will add a smoky flavor with a bit of spice.
- Gold and white corn- You need to use frozen, but you can use canned.
- Success Rice- You can use any type of rice that you want to use or have but this is the brand that I use because it is premeasured and ready to use.
- Chili powder- This will add a spicy flavor and taste to your soup.
- Ground Cumin- You can ground your own ingredients for the best flavoring.
- Garlic salt- This will add a more mild flavor of garlic to your recipe.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Seasoned pepper – This will be for taste in your recipe.
How to make Tex Mex Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
What Rice Should I Use for Soup?
I like to use Success Rice. If you aren’t familiar with SUCCESS brand rice, it comes in a package with pre-measured bags of rice inside. You just open one of the bags, and pour it in the Instant Pot, to add the rice. You can use whatever rice you have thought.
What Toppins go on Tex Mex Chicken Rice Soup?
You can also use whatever toppings you want for the Chicken Rice Soup. Add more vegetables or serve with chips and bread. You can add additional types of cheese as well to top off the soup.
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup – Low Carb
- Instant Pot Coconut Chicken Curry Soup
- IP Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
INSTANT POT TEX MEX CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 large Chicken Breast
- 1 large onion - chopped, about 1 pound
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 16 ounce Stewed Tomatoes
- 16 ounce black beans - drained
- 1/4 cup of mild Taco sauce
- 1 can green Chiles
- 1 package frozen gold and white corn, Birdseye
- 1 package Success Rice
- 1 Teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Seasoned pepper - to taste
- Place the Olive oil, and butter in the Instant Pot, and turn the IP to Saute.
- Melt the butter with the Olive oil, and add the chicken breast.
- Cook the Chicken breast until it's completely done, turning it over, and browning on all sides, about 25 minutes, or until there is no pink in the middle.
- When the chicken is done, turn off the IP, remove the chicken, and place it on a plate, and shred it. Add the chicken broth to the Instant Pot, and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- With a wooden spoon, scrape the bottom of the IP with the spoon, loosening the bits stuck to the bottom of the pan from cooking the chicken.
- This is known as de-glazing the pan, and will keep the bits that are stuck to the pan from burning by scraping them loose.
- Add the shredded chicken back into the IP, and add the chopped onion, minced garlic, Stewed tomatoes black beans, taco sauce, green Chiles, corn, rice, chili powder, ground Cumin, garlic salt, seasoned salt and seasoned pepper.
- Stir all ingredients, and place the lid on the Instant Pot, making sure the Pressure Valve is set to 'SEALING'.
- Press the 'SOUP' button, or setting on the Instant Pot, and let the soup cook. When the IP finishes cooking the soup, it will beep and go to off.
- Make sure all the Pressure has been released, and make sure the FLOAT VALVE is down. Remove the lid, and stir the soup.
- Serve in festive bowls, or crocks, with Tortilla chips, and shredded cheddar cheese. Top with lime slices. Enjoy!