We could all use a sweet loaf to have after dinner or for the season where is so cold and use need a nice cozy dessert to eat. This Gingerbread Loaf Recipe is a great loaf to share with your friends and family and this may become a favorite.
Gingerbread Loaf Recipe
This Gingerbread Loaf is so good! The recipe has a simple set of ingredients to make the gingerbread flavor and add a few more to make the loaf itself. You may have most of your ingredients already and will make a moist and fluffy loaf. Be sure to save this recipe!
Gingerbread and Christmas go together perfectly. I think it’s a combination of the wonderful flavors and all of the memories that go along with the holidays. Any type of bread recipe during the holidays is always a hit. They can be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and they also work great for a mid-afternoon snack. I have a few other loaf recipes that may also become favorites in your family! Our Carrot Cake Loaf topped with a luscious Cream Cheese Frosting is really fantastic! No Christmas meal is complete without some form of Red Velvet dessert! Our Christmas Red Velvet Loaf is perfect and will add a special touch to your holiday dessert table. And our Cinnamon Roll Bread is a loaf of bread that will be a terrific idea for breakfast on Christmas morning!
- Sugar– Every great dessert has sugar in the recipe.
- Eggs- You will need your eggs at room temperature.
- Applesauce- This will need to be unsweetened for this recipe.
- Flour- You can use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking soda- This will allow the ingredients to double in size.
- Ground ginger- Using fresh ginger will have a better flavor.
- Cinnamon- You can ground your own cinnamon for the best flavoring.
- Nutmeg- This will add a wonderful aroma to your recipe.
- Cloves- This will be an additional spice for flavoring.
- Cream cheese- You will need this to be softened or at room temperature.
- Butter- You need unsalted to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Powdered sugar- This sugar is perfect for homemade frostings.
- Vanilla extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Gingersnap cookies- These will need to be crushed for this recipe.
How to Make a Gingerbread Loaf Recipe
Set the oven to 350 degrees and use Pam to spray a bread pan evenly.
Add the butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs into a large bowl and beat until combined.
Mix in the applesauce and beat again.
Add the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg into a large bowl and whisk together.
Slowly add in the wet ingredients and beat to combine.
Add the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Place in the oven and bake for 55-65 minutes or until a tester in the center comes out clean.
Place aside and allow to cool thoroughly on a wire rack.
Add the cream cheese and butter into a standing mixer and beat until combined and smooth.
Add in the vanilla and beat again.
Slowly add in the powdered sugar and combine until smooth.
Put the loaf on a wire rack and pour the cream cheese frosting on top of the loaf and evenly spread.
Add some of the gingersnaps cookies on top of the frosting.
What Spices Go Into Gingerbread?
There are a few simple ingredients that go in gingerbread. This Loaf recipe uses 4 main ingredients to make the flavor. You will use ginger, cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg for this recipe.
Can I Make This Into Muffins?
This Gingerbread loaf could be made into muffins. You would have to figure out the measurements to match that of a muffin recipe. However, this recipe is a much better choice for taste and texture.
More Gingerbread Recipes
- Pumpkin Gingerbread Whoopie Pies
- Gingerbread Snowflake Cookies
- Mini Gingerbread Cheesecakes
- Gingerbread Poke Cake
- Moist Gingerbread Layer Cake Recipe
The Best Gingerbread Loaf Recipe
Gingerbread loaf ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a bread pan with Pam baking spray
- Using a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, vanilla and egg until combined
- Beat in the applesauce
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg
- Gradually beat it into the wet ingredients until combined
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Set aside the loaf on the wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the cream cheese and butter until combined and smooth
- Beat in the vanilla extract
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar until combined and smooth
- Place the loaf onto the wire rack
- Evenly spread the cream cheese frosting onto the loaf
- Sprinkle with the crushed gingersnap cookies
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.