Oven Roasted Potatoes – Quick and Easy
This is the best Oven Roasted Potatoes you will ever have! This side dish recipe is perfect for any meal really, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Your friends and family will be so excited to give these delicious potatoes a try and will be coming around for seconds.
Oven Roasted Potatoes
These Oven Roasted Potatoes have very few ingredients and not many steps to make them. These potatoes with come out super tender and crispy. This recipe is full of flavor and will be a great dish to share with loved ones. With all these lovely herbs and spices, this may just become a favorite. So, be sure to write this one down for the books!
- Potatoes– You will want to use small red potatoes.
- Olive Oil– You can use Vegetable oil as a substitute or vice versa.
- Garlic powder– This will be used for taste.
- Parsley– Fresh is the best to use and you want it chopped finely.
- Thyme– Always use fresh and finely chopped.
- Rosemary– Rosemary has the best flavoring when fresh and chopped finely.
- Salt– This will bring out the amazing flavors.
- Black pepper– You can ground your own seasonings.
You want to wash your potatoes and cut in half or quarters depending on what size.
Add to a bowl with water for 30-60 minutes.
Set your oven to 375 degrees.
Drain the water and pat the potatoes dry with a paper towel.
Evenly align your potatoes on the tray.
Toss to coat with olive oil.
Add the garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper to a small bowl and combine well.
Toss to coat the potatoes.
For 40-50 minutes, bake in the oven or until tender, use a fork to poke the potatoes.
Serve right away and store leftovers in the fridge. ENJOY!
How do You Make Roast Potatoes Crispy?
There are only a few very simple steps to make these Oven Roasted Potatoes so crispy and delicious. You will need to definitely want to give your potatoes a water bath and pat them completely dry. Once this is done, you will just need to make sure to completely coat them in Olive oil.
Should Potatoes be Soaked Before Roasting?
The first and most important step to make these roasted potatoes so crispy and tender is by giving them a water bath. Soaking them helps the cooking process much easier. You will t to soak them for approximately 30-60 minutes.
Recipe to Make With Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
- Spicy Bourbon BBQ Steak Kabobs
- Instant Pot Bourbon Chicken
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Air Fryer Pretzel Crusted Chicken Tenders
The Best Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 1½ - 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme chopped finely
- 2 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped finely
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Clean and cut potatoes in half or quartered, depending on size
- Add potatoes to bowl of water for 30-60 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Drain potatoes and pat dry with paper towel
- Spread evenly on baking sheet
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, herbs, salt and pepper until well combined
- Spoon over potatoes and toss to coat
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender
- Serve immediately
- Store leftovers in refrigerator