Easy and flavorful, these Spicy Bourbon BBQ Steak Kabobs will become a summer favorite. With so much flavor and homemade sauce, these steak kabobs are amazing. Grill them outside or indoors for a truly delicious dinner.
Spicy Bourbon BBQ Steak Kabobs
If you want the perfect grilling night recipe, you have to try these spicy bourbon BBQ steak kabobs. So good and easy to make, the homemade bourbon BBQ sauce takes these steak kabobs over the top. Grilled to perfection, the meat is flavorful and the vegetables are tender.
- Sirloin steak – Cut the sirloin steak into 1-inch cubes
- Red, orange, yellow and green bell peppers – Be sure to take the seeds out and cut in 1-inch pieces
- Red onion – Cut the red onions into 1-inch pieces
- Brown sugar bourbon seasoning- This adds a sweetness and bourbon flavor.
- Whiskey- Whiskey gives a fantastic to the sauce
- Onion- Cut the onion into fine pieces
- Water- Water will make the sauce the right consistency.
- Brown sugar- Brown sugar gives flavor and sweetness
- Ketchup- Ketchup gives flavor and sweetness.
- Tomato paste- Tomato paste helps to thicken the sauce
- Crushed red pepper- Red pepper has a bit of heat without making it too spicy
- Balsamic vinegar- The balsamic vinegar gives a tartness to cut through the sweet.
- Molasses- Molasses is a great flavor enhancer for BBQ Sauce.
- Worcestershire sauce- It might be hard to say but it tastes great.
- Liquid smoke- This gives a fresh from the wood smoker flavor
How to Make Spicy Bourbon BBQ Steak Kabobs
Whisk together the BBQ sauce ingredients and heat it in a small saucepan on medium heat.
Cook the sauce for about 20 minutes and stir it often.
Store the BBQ sauce in an airtight container.
Add the meat, bell peppers and onions onto the skewers
Place the skewers on a baking pan or in a casserole dish and then season the skewers bourbon seasoning.
Place the skewers in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Turn the heat to medium and grill the kebobs. Turn the kabobs often and grill until the meat is well done and vegetables are tender. Cook for about 12-14 minutes.
Coat the kabobs with BBQ sauce and cook for another 4 minutes.
What’s the Best Cut of Beef for Kabobs?
While you can use whatever type of steak you like, I like to use sirloin steak. It is an inexpensive cut of meat and grills up perfectly.
Do I Have to Use a Homemade Sauce?
If you do not want to make your homemade sauce, you can use a store bought. The homemade BBS sauce is just the perfect flavors for these skewers.
Delicious Side Dish Recipes
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Easy Marinated Tomatoes
- Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
- Mexican Cornbread Recipe (5-minute prep)
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
Spicy Bourbon BBQ Steak Kabobs
Ingredients for Spicy Bourbon BBQ Steak Kabobs
- 2 pounds sirloin steak cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper seeded and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion cut in 1-inch pieces
- 4 tbsp brown sugar bourbon seasoning
BBQ Sauce ingredients:
- 1 cup whiskey
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups ketchup
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp molasses
- 1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the BBQ sauce ingredients.
- Pour your BBQ mixture in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Cook for 20 min. stirring often.
- Store in an airtight container.
Directions to make Spicy Bourbon BBQ Steak Kabobs
- Thread your meat onto the skewers alternating with pieces of bell peppers and onion.
- Place the kabobs in a casserole dish or a foil lined baking pan.
- Season the kabobs with the bourbon seasoning.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Turn the heat on medium.
- Grill kebabs, turning often, until all sides of the meat is well brown and vegetables are tender.
- Cook for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Coat your kabobs with the bbq sauce and cook for additional 4 minutes.