Unicorn Cheesecake Bars with a soft sugar cookie crust is a delicious dessert and perfect for a unicorn birthday party. Full of fun, bright colors and lots of flavor.
Cheesecake bars are one of my families favorite kind of dessert. Luckily, there are so many great variations on the treat so you can change it up often. A few favorites of ours are Hot Fudge Cheesecake Bars, Churro Cheesecake Bars and Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars.
Unicorn Cheesecake Bars
A homemade sugar cookie batter is the first thing to make here. Top it off with scoops of cheesecake colored with teal, pink and purple. And of course, lots and lots of sprinkles.
Sugar Cookie Ingredients
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Food coloring
How To Make Unicorn Cheesecake Bars
- Start by mixing up your sugar cookie dough.
- Add some nonpareils sprinkles into the dough.
- Press into the baking dish and set aside.
- Mix cheesecake batter and separate into three bowls.
- Color each batter with a different gel dye.
- Spoon each color on top of the cookie. Add a few more sprinkles.
- Crumble some sugar cookie batter on top and bake.
- Let cool overnight before eating.
If you’re in a rush, you can skip the homemade sugar cookies and grab a package of pre-made dough.
What are Nonpareil Sprinkles?
Nonpareils They are the tiny, round, crunchy sprinkles that usually come in a rainbow of colors. However, you are totally free to use whatever sprinkles you’ve got up in the cabinets.
Serve these up with glass of milk and enjoy!
Other Fun Unicorn Recipes
Unicorn Cheesecake Bars
Sugar Cookie Ingredients:
Sugar Cookie Dough Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour all the nonpareils into a bowl and mix until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients all at once and mix for 5 seconds.
- Mix the dough until the flour is incorporated.
- Mix in 1/4 C of the sprinkles into the cookie dough.
- Using 3/4 of the dough, flatten dough onto the bottom of the baking dish and set aside.
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat until combined before adding the next egg.
- Now stir in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Mix until combined.
- Split batter into 3 bowls and add a few drops of each color into a bowl.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of each color onto the cookie dough.
- Using the remaining cookie dough, crumble it on top of the cheesecake batter and sprinkle some more of the sprinkles.
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Once timer goes off, turn off the oven and crack the oven door open.
- Let cool in the oven for 1 hour.
- Place the bars into the fridge to cool for a few more hours or overnight before enjoying.