Hot Fudge Cheesecake Bars are an amazing dessert with a cream cheese filling and an Oreo crust. This is a chocolate lovers dream!
I just love Oreo cookies. They are by far the most loved cookie at my house. Once you add those in to almost any dessert I’m hooked. Add to that a chocolate ganache and a cheesecake filling? I’m in heaven. Last year we made Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars and Churro Cheesecake Bars and they were amazing, too!
Hot Fudge Cheesecake Bars
At first glance, this recipe does look complicated. It’s true that it does take a little more time than say, a box of brownies.
But, when you break it down this is a simple recipe. Start with your cookie crust first, make your cheesecake filling, and finally top it off with an easy chocolate ganache.
Quick Tip: Line your pan with parchment paper so they will come out easy every time.
How To Crush Your Oreos
I love this part. It’s funny but when a recipe calls for cookie crushing I get excited. Why? Well, have you ever crushed cookies in a food processor? It’s so satisfying.
Place all your cookies in your food processor and pulse until it’s a fine crumb. This is much easier, faster and more efficient than smashing them by hand.
Of course, if you need to, you can always use a plastic baggie and a wooden spoon.
This recipe is perfect for every season. It’s perfect to warm your belly on a chilly fall day and also amazing with a big scoop of cold vanilla ice cream in the summer! Enjoy.
Hot Fudge Cheesecake Bars
- 1 package of Dark Chocolate filled Oreos crushed
- 6 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter melted
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 C chocolate chips
- 3/4 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c. chopped Oreos for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 and line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper
- Using a medium bowl, mix the crushed Oreos, melted butter and salt and mix until combined
- Press into the baking dish
- Using a hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, brown sugar, and cocoa powder until combined
- Beat in eggs, one at a time until combined after each egg
- Beat in the vanilla and salt until combined
- Pour batter over the crust
- Bake in the oven for 40 - 50 minutes or until the center slightly jiggles
- Allow to cool completely
- Using a small pot, bring the heavy whipping cream to a slight boil
- Add the chocolate chips into a medium size heat-proof bowl
- Add the heavy whipping cream to the bowl of chocolate chips
- Allow to sit for one minute before whisking until smooth
- Spread evenly over the cheesecake
- Sprinkle chopped Oreos all over the top
- Place into the fridge over night to allow the ganache to harden
- Cut into bars and enjoy!