This Valentine Rice Krispie Treats would be a great addition to a get-together or even to send into your child’s school for a classroom treat. Full of crunch, raspberries, and white chocolate these Rice Krispie Bars are pure perfection. Valentine’s Day is the perfect day to show your friends and family how much you love them by making them delicious homemade goodies.
Valentine Rice Krispie Treats
This Rice Krispie recipe is so good! These colorful treats have a bit of a twist as it has sweet freeze-dried raspberries inside. You have a few other different add-ins to make this Valentine’s Day snack super tasty. The recipe is so simple to make and will become a favorite to enjoy whenever you want.
I think one of my favorite things about Valentine’s Day are the various shades of pink and red. There are so many different shades of these colors that having just one type of dessert isn’t enough. I have a couple of recipes that are favorites of my family and that I think will quickly become a favorite of yours too. This creamy Cheesecake is pure perfection and a must make! Another favorite is my Thumbprint Cookies. Of course you definitely need a cake recipe to celebrate this fun day.
- Butter- You will need salted butter for this recipe.
- Marshmallows- You will need mini marshmallows for this recipe.
- Rice Krispies- This will be the main ingredient for that crunchy texture.
- Raspberries- You will need to use freeze-dried raspberries.
- Melting wafers- You will need white chocolate melting wafers.
- Sprinkles- This is optional to add in or on top of the recipe.
How to Make Valentine Rice Krispie Treats
Use parchment paper to line a 9×13-inch pan.
Measure out all your ingredients, ( 8 C and 2 C divided) of the mini marshmallows, cereal, and raspberries. You will need to hurry with this part so you can add them in quickly.
Add the butter to a large pot and melt over low heat, put in the marshmallows, and continuously stir until fully melted.
Take away from the heat and quickly add in the cereal and raspberries plus the rest of the marshmallows and mix until fully coated.
Pour the mixture onto the prepared pan and use parchment paper to create a wall between your hand and the Krispies and press down gently to form the Krispies to the pan. Do not press too hard or the Krispies will become too hard.
Let the Krispies cool for about 30 minutes to room temperature.
Slice into squares and then, melt the wafers in a medium flat-bottom bowl. Do this in 30-second intervals and mix in between each one.
Dip one side of the Krispies into the melted chocolate and put it on parchment paper. If you have leftover melted chocolate, drizzle for decoration on top of the Krispies and top with sprinkles if you plan to use them.
Allow the treats to cool for another 30 minutes before enjoying them.
How Long are Homemade Rice Krispie Treats Good?
If you place these Valentine’s Day Rice Treats into the freezer, they will last about six weeks. You will want to place them in an airtight container. The reason they will not last past 6 weeks is that they will most likely lose moisture and become way too hard to eat.
Why Can’t I Use Marshmallow Fluff in Rice Krispie Treats?
You will be using mini marshmallows in this Rice Krispie Recipe. You can’t use fluff because of the consistency. The use of fluff will make the rice Krispies way too sticky and harder to stay together.
MORE VALENTINE’S DAY RECIPES
- Soft Sugar Cookies
- Valentine Crinkle Cookies
- Valentine Sandwich Cookies
- Love Bug Cookies
- Kitty Cat Cookies
Raspberry White Chocolate Valentine Rice Krispies Treats
- ½ cup salted butter
- 10 cups mini marshmallows divided
- 9 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1.25 ounces freeze-dried raspberries crushed
- 2 cups white chocolate melting wafers
- Sprinkles optional
- Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare your ingredients by measuring out the marshmallows (8 cups and 2 cups divided), cereal, and freeze-dried raspberries. You will want to mix fast so everything should be ready for the add-in.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over low heat then add in 8 cups of mini marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat and mix in the cereal, freeze-dried raspberries, and remaining marshmallows and stir until evenly coated in the marshmallow mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan and use a piece of parchment paper between your hands and the mixture to gently press it into the pan. Don’t press too hard or the Rice Krispies treats could end up hard.
- Allow the treats to cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes before slicing.
- After slicing, melt the chocolate melting wafers in a medium flat-bottomed bowl at 30-second intervals, stirring between each one until completely melted.
- Dip the bottoms of each of the treats in the white chocolate and place on a piece of wax or parchment paper to set. If you have any excess white chocolate you can drizzle it over the top of the treats and top with sprinkles if desired.
- Let the treats cool and set for an additional 30 minutes before enjoying.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.