Valentine’s Day Skillet Cookie
Start your Valentine’s Day off with a bang by baking this giant cookie! Filled with rich chocolate chips and chocolate covered candies, this cookie is sure to impress your sweetheart. This isn’t your average skillet cookie! The Valentine’s Day Skillet Cookie is a delicious, chocolate treat that’s perfect for sharing with someone special.
Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie for Valentine’s Day
Do you want to make your Valentine’s Day extra special this year? Why not try making a giant cookie for them instead of the traditional chocolate heart? Not only will it be delicious, but it’ll also be fun to make together.This recipe is easy enough for anyone to follow, and the end result will definitely impress your loved one. Plus, there’s no need for any fancy kitchen equipment – just a regular old skillet will do.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- Butter– I recommend using unsalted butter so that you can control the salt in the cookie
- White granulated and brown sugar– Using a combination of white and brown sugar gives you are rich cookie that is also moist.
- Unbleached flour– I like using unbleached flour whenever possible but you don’t have to buy a special flour for this. If you only have bleached all purpose flour, you can use that in this skillet cookie recipe.
- Baking soda
- Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips – You can also use milk chocolate if that is what you have.
- Holiday M&Ms or Peanut Butter M&Ms– I am using Peanut Butter M&Ms for this recipe
How to Make a Valentine’s Day Skillet Cookie
Make the Cookie Batter. Beat the wet ingredients together or mix together with a fork. Add in the dry ingredients.
The Extras. Add in the chocolate chips and half of the the M&Ms. You want to save the rest for the top of the skillet cookie.
Press the dough into prepared skillet. Once the batter is in the pan, bake for 25 minutes.
Add the Candy. Once the cookie comes out of the oven, add the rest of the chocolate covered candies to the top and bake for another 5 to 8 minutes.
Cool the Cookie. Let the cookie cool for about 30 minutes. Serve with ice cream for a special treat.
How to Serve This Cookie
There are a few ways that you can serve this cookie. You serve it as is once it has started to cool. Another idea if to serve this skillet cookie topped with whipped cream or ice cream. If serving with ice cream, vanilla will have the best complementary flavor although, you can certainly use chocolate as well. You can also go over the top with this chocolate chip cookie in a cast iron pan by adding things like chopped cherries, more candies and chocolate sauce.
More Skillet Cookie Ideas
Valentine’s Day Skillet Cookie
- 1 cup butter softened (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 12 oz mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package holiday M&Ms or Peanut Butter M&Ms divided *I used Peanut Butter M&Ms for this recipe*
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and grease a 12” cast iron skillet with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar with a fork (or you can use a hand mixer).
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and half of the holiday M&Ms (save the rest to top the cookie after baking).
- Press the cookie dough into the prepared skillet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top the cookie with the rest of the M&Ms (press them into the cookie if needed).
- Bake the cookie for another 5-8 minutes or until the center is set (the edges will be slightly brown, but you don’t want the center to get too hard or the cookie will burn).
- Remove the cookie from the oven and let the cookie cool in the skillet for 30 – 45 minutes to set the center completely or serve immediately with ice cream for a gooey treat.