If you are searching for a super simple fall dessert, this 3 Ingredient Apple Cake is perfect! It is moist and has just the right amount of apple flavor. With only three ingredients, this apple cake recipe is easy and inexpensive.
Easy Apple Spice Cake
Apples and cinnamon are some of my favorite fall flavors. Whether it’s Apple Pie, Apple Crisp, or even baked apples, I love them all. I’m always on the lookout for easy recipes that taste good. This checks all the necessary boxes – including being kid-approved!
It’s also one of the quickest desserts I’ve ever prepared. Since it is essentially a dump cake, you mix all of the ingredients, add them to a baking dish, bake, and that’s it! Since we are entering apple and pumpkin season, this is perfect to make more than once. I like to add a cream cheese frosting, cinnamon whipped cream, vanilla ice cream to take it to the next level. You can use store-bought or make them yourself. I linked my recipes for both below in case you are feeling ambitious. Besides, since this 3 ingredient cake is a breeze, why not splurge and make a homemade topping?
What You’ll Need
With only 3 ingredients, this is one of the best apple desserts ever! It may not be from scratch, but it has a delicious cinnamon and apple flavor. Take a look at the recipe card below for the exact measurements needed.
- Spice Cake Mix: Any brand of spice cake mix will work perfectly.
- Apple Pie Filling: use canned or homemade apple pie filling.
How To Make 3 Ingredient Apple Cake
This moist and tasty spice cake with apple pie filling requires only a few steps. Prep takes less than 5 minutes!
- Step 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray or grease it with butter. Set it aside.
- Step 2. Combine cake mix, pie filling, and eggs in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Beat until fully combined.
- Step 3. Pour the apple cake batter into the prepared baking dish. Spread evenly.
- Step 4. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center and when it comes out clean, it is ready.
- Step 5. Remove the pan from the oven and cool completely.
- Step 6. Top with cream cheese frosting if desired and enjoy!
How to Store Leftovers
Store leftovers of this easy apple spice cake in an airtight container. It will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If you do not use frosting, you can heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds to enjoy it warm.
3 Ingredient Apple Cake Toppings:
Wondering how to enjoy this 3 ingredient apple cake? Here are some of my favorite ways.
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Caramel Sauce
- Whipped Cream: Cinnamon Whipped Cream or Regular Whipped Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
- Scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream
- Instead of spice cake, you can use a yellow cake. I love the flavor of the spice cake, as it adds a warm cinnamon flavor. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, or apple pie spice to jazz up a plain cake flavor if you wish.
- Just like with the cake mix, you can use any brand of apple pie filling as long as it is 20 oz.
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the top of the cake without the frosting. You can even add a pinch to the cream cheese frosting as well. There’s no wrong answer!
- Instead of a 9×13 baking dish, use a bundt pan or muffin pan. Make sure to grease them the same (or use liners for the muffin pan). Bake times will vary.
More Apple Dessert Recipes
- Apple Cobbler
- Caramel Apple Empanadas
- Apple Blondies
- Apple Pie Wontons
- Baked Apple Donuts
- Apple Cider Whoopie Pies
- Apple Dump Cake Recipe
3 Ingredient Apple Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients with an electric mixer until combined. Pour into the prepared dish.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cake to cool before frosting.