These Apple Blondies taste like a combination of a brownie and an apple pie. It’s a combo I just adore! This will quickly become your favorite Fall recipe. Everyone loves it!
We’ve been making so many delicious apple recipes. If you have been apple picking and need lots of recipes to try we have plenty for you. A few favorites are our Apple Streusel Slab Pie, Apple Bread Pudding and Apple Pie Trail Mix. They’re so yummy!
In this blondie recipe, you’ll need your usual baking suspects: butter, sugar, salt, vanilla and a few others. It uses all of the common baking staples that you probably have in the kitchen right now.
The most important ingredient of all though, is the apples!
What Kind of Apples To Buy
The main ingredient in this yummy recipe is of course, apples. You have lots of choices when you walk down the produce aisle at your local grocery store, but what we thought was best for this is Granny Smith apples. (The green ones.)
However, you can use whatever you have on hand. Maybe try it with McIntosh (they are great for baking) or Fuji (they have amazing flavor). Another great option is good ‘ole Red Delicous.
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 3 large eggs room temp
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups diced apples Granny Smith
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- baking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep the baking dish with baking spray. Set aside.
- Add butter and both sugars, mixing well together.
- Begin to add the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Mix well to incorporate all ingredients.
- Slowly add the flour mixing until well blended.
- (Batter will be thick.)
- Mix in the diced apples and chopped walnuts.
- (Batter will start to have a brownie consistency.)
- Scoop the batter into the baking dish.
- Using a rubber spatula spread the batter into the baking dish.
- Make sure that the batter is level in the dish.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Sprinkle on top of apple mixture.
- Baking directions:
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. (Or until brownie consistency).
- Remove from oven.
- Set aside to completely cool.
- Cut into bars.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 1 9"x13" Baking Dish