Apple Blondies are delicious dessert bars made with apples and a sweet, buttery batter. Enjoy a tasty treat that combines the flavors of apples and a soft, chewy texture. Perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth this Fall.
Easy Apple Blondies Recipe
Apple Blondies are Blondies (aka Blondie Brownies) flavored with apple pie. Basically, they are brownies without the chocolate. The texture and consistency are the same as brownies, minus the cocoa. These are also packed with small pieces of juicy apples that give them a fruity flavor. The texture is soft and a bit chewy, which makes them absolutely delicious. You might even feel like you’re having a warm apple pie, but in a bar form. They’re great for a sweet snack or as a Fall dessert
We’ve been making so many delicious apple recipes. If you have been apple picking and need lots of recipes to try we have plenty for you. A few favorites are our Apple Streusel Slab Pie, Apple Cinnamon Muffins, Crockpot Apple Butter, Apple Bread Pudding and 3-ingredient Apple Cake. They’re so yummy!
What You’ll Need
For the Cake: The batter needs unsalted butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and flour.
- Apple: I prefer to use Granny Smith apples
- Walnuts: Chop the walnuts up into very small pieces.
- Topping: The topping is made from white sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Cooking Spray and Parchment Paper
How to Make Apple Blondies
These are so easy to make and will only take you 10-minutes of prep!
Make the Batter: In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars together. Add the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Next, add the flour slowly. Then, fold in the apple chunks and walnuts. Scoop the batter into the baking dish.
Make the Topping: Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and then sprinkle it over the batter.
Bake: Bake the apple blondies for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Cut into bars.
What Kind of Apples To Buy
When making Apple Blondies, it’s good to choose apples that are sweet and slightly tart. Popular options are Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, or Fuji apples. These kinds of apples bring a nice balance of flavors to the dessert.
Variations to Apple Blondies
Here are a few variations you can try with your Apple Blondies:
- Cinnamon Streusel: Sprinkle a cinnamon streusel mixture on top before baking to add a crunchy and aromatic layer.
- Nutty Twist: Add chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans to the batter for extra crunch and flavor.
- Caramel Swirl: Drizzle caramel sauce on top of the batter before baking for a gooey and sweet twist.
- Spiced Delight: Mix in warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves to the batter for a cozy fall flavor.
- Raisin or Cranberry Addition: Include raisins or dried cranberries for bursts of sweetness and a chewy texture.
- Maple Glaze: After baking, drizzle a simple maple glaze over the blondies for added sweetness.
- Cheesecake Swirl: Swirl a layer of cheesecake batter into the apple blondie batter for a creamy contrast.
- Chocolate Chip Infusion: Add chocolate chips to the batter for a delightful blend of apple and chocolate flavors.
More Blondie Recipes
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- baking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep the baking dish with baking spray. Set aside.
- Add butter and both sugars, mixing well together.
- Begin to add the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Mix well to incorporate all ingredients.
- Slowly add the flour mixing until well blended.
- (Batter will be thick.)
- Mix in the diced apples and chopped walnuts.
- (Batter will start to have a brownie consistency.)
- Scoop the batter into the baking dish.
- Using a rubber spatula spread the batter into the baking dish.
- Make sure that the batter is level in the dish.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Sprinkle on top of apple mixture.
- Baking directions:
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. (Or until brownie consistency).
- Remove from oven.
- Set aside to completely cool.
- Cut into bars.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 1 9"x13" Baking Dish